GSM Repeaters

kwaggawerner

Hi Guys,

My company is looking for a GSM/Cellular booster or repeater, the signal in one of our offices is really weak, for all the major networks.

I've been tasked with finding a "GSM Booster" solution. Antennae won't work, as everyone in the offices needs a signal boost.

Any ideas?

GPS

If your monthly account is large enough (more than R1000 for MTN and R2000 for Vodacom) the service providers will install one for free. That's how it works in the platteland with low signal areas. Don't know if they will do this for a office. If you can try and get the repeater from one of the Cell companies , most of the 3rd party repeaters on the market is not Icasa approved.

For MTN call the coverage helpdesk (083 900 1212). These repeaters only work for the specific SP, so you will need more than 1 if you want signal for all the cell companies.

agentrfr

Expert Member
Hi Guys,

My company is looking for a GSM/Cellular booster or repeater, the signal in one of our offices is really weak, for all the major networks.

I've been tasked with finding a "GSM Booster" solution. Antennae won't work, as everyone in the offices needs a signal boost.

Any ideas?
Poynting used to do powered indoor boosters, exactly the thing you are talking about. Drop them an email

http://www.poyntingdirect.co.za/

deweyzeph

Executive Member
These devices are illegal for the man in the street to setup, only the cellphone companies have the necessary spectrum licenses to broadcast on the frequencies used by these devices.