Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase! 10 April 2012

snobee

10 April has been announced when pre-purchase will be begin. Seems a lot of people are unhappy on GW2Guru about there being pre-purchase without an actual release date yet. I would agree that there should be a release date first, though it is not going to stop me from ordering anyway, and second, there is still nearly a month before the pre-purchase starts... that that gives adequite time for a release date to be announced. So personally I think it is a waste of time complaining about it at this stage.

What you think of the over R1200 Collectors Edition price?

1. Digital Edition $59.99 - Guild Wars 2 game

2. Digital Deluxe $79.99
- Guild Wars 2 game
- Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill
- Rytlock Miniature
- Golem Banker
- Chalice of Glory
- Tome of Influence

3. Collectors Edition $149.99
- Guild Wars 2 game
- Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill
- Rytlock Miniature
- Golem Banker
- Chalice of Glory
- Tome of Influence
- 10-inch figurine of Rytlock
- 112 page Making of Guild Wars 2 book
- Custom Art Frame
- Art Portfolio and Five Art Prints
- Best of Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack CD

If you buy any of the pre-purchases you will also get:
- Access to all Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events
- Three days of headstart access
- Hero’s Band

Here is the order info and pics: https://buy.guildwars2.com/

froot

Honorary Master
This is starting to get expensive....

$60 games generally cost in the region of R450 here.
The collectors edition at $150 is going to be very unaffordable for most of us.

goswald

DD version seems like the best option. I love collectors editions, but everything just goes in a box after about a week.

goswald

At least there are no subs

Devill

Damned

+1, and that is why I will take the Delux version for $80. I really do not want figurines etc etc.

At R700 for a game that has a playable life time of a year or so (I am guessing) it really is not bad.

froot

Honorary Master
Lifetime of a year? :confused:
GW1 has been out for what, 5 or so years? I still play it now and then and it's pretty busy still.

EnchanterG

Expert Member
Yeah, I can't complain about the price for a once off sub. I don't need figurines though, so that's a waste of cash!

froot

Honorary Master
Yeah, I can't complain about the price for a once off sub. I don't need figurines though, so that's a waste of cash!
I'm going to buy the normal DVD-version though... I like having the booklets and stuff... they come in useful anyways.

Devill

Damned
Lifetime of a year? :confused:
GW1 has been out for what, 5 or so years? I still play it now and then and it's pretty busy still.
I play the game, I finish the game (do all elite areas), I stop playing the game. 1 year and then whenever new updates come out.

snobee

Well, I would like to say that Anet deserves my money, and I will certainly support their majestic efforts to get this game out.

Though money does talk... I need to buy for myself (and like GW1, I wanted to get two accounts), then there is my wife, and my eldest kid who recently just started playing GW. Bugger... small fortune in the making here :(

I really want that Charr figurine for my office :) What to do... what to do.... :( Tough decisions :)

froot

Honorary Master
I play the game, I finish the game (do all elite areas), I stop playing the game. 1 year and then whenever new updates come out.
Ah ok. I've got all the expansions for GW, the whole thing cost me like R300 iirc.

snobee

Ah ok. I've got all the expansions for GW, the whole thing cost me like R300 iirc.
That's because you started playing a few years after it was released :) Most of us didn't wait that long :)

froot

Honorary Master
That's because you started playing a few years after it was released :) Most of us didn't wait that long :)
I didn't know about it back then :eek:

Okay, I did, but I didn't have internet back then :eek:

Devill

Damned
I started on the third campaign (Nightfall) and bought all the rest later. Done everything in every difficulty with at least two classes :)

$150 will be somewhere in the region of R1200 to R1500.... /shakes head in despair.
Why do you want that? Buy the $80 one, that is R640 which is not all that much.

froot

Honorary Master
Why do you want that? Buy the $80 one, that is R640 which is not all that much.
I don't. Getting the normal one. A friend wanted the collectors edition but $149 is a tad pricey.