Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

K3NS31

Expert Member
Anyone know where to get replacement analog sticks for Dualshock 4 controllers locally? I can get them from places like Banggood but I'd prefer just to order locally.
Dunno if you're still looking, but if you're in Cape Town, Google Console Doctor.

K3NS31

Expert Member
Thanks but I actually already got some from Xmods. I'll check them out next time I need something.
I needed something small from them - shipping cost almost as much as the part, so was happy to rather drive around for the part. (Not their fault, but it's always good to know the locally available options - actually Mark chipped my OG Xbox too many years ago).

Dan C

Honorary Master
That's a good price but who the heck buys AA or AAA in 2021??
Buy some high quality NiMH rechargeables and don't buy batteries again for the next 10-15yrs.
It's just maths guys..

It's also more convenient, pop them in the charger and good as new again. They also have lower internal resistance so your toys work better with them vs Alkaline.
I simply do not have the time and patience to charge remote batteries and wait hours before I can change the volume on my TV.

Tinuva

The Magician
I simply do not have the time and patience to charge remote batteries and wait hours before I can change the volume on my TV.
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Did not think about having a spare set of batteries.

Cheers mate!

K.J

The TP- Link Deco S4 WIFI Mesh vs Asus ZenWiFi AX Mini XD4 - which would be better performing and better coverage/handover?

enerdude

Expert Member
The TP- Link Deco S4 WIFI Mesh vs Asus ZenWiFi AX Mini XD4 - which would be better performing and better coverage/handover?
The TP-Link S4 I mentioned above is 3 units vs the ASUS XD4 above which is 2 units. So it would make sense to me that you would probably get better range from the TP-Link S4 but better speeds from the ASUS as it is wifi-6 opposed to the wifi-4 from the TP-Link

enerdude

Expert Member
Too bloody lazy to make sure I have charged batteries as a backup. Damn sometimes forget to charge my cellphone.
Get yourself a smart speaker like the google mini. Pretty useful buggers. They come with a standard routine built in (you can create your own ones too) whereby if you tell her 'ok, google, good night', she will execute the good night procedure which will ask you what time you want your alarm set whereafter she will check you phone battery percentage and advise you to charge your phone if necessary. Finally she will play cricket sounds to help you fall asleep :p ;)

Dan C

Honorary Master
Get yourself a smart speaker like the google mini. Pretty useful buggers. They come with a standard routine built in (you can create your own ones too) whereby if you tell her 'ok, google, good night', she will execute the good night procedure which will ask you what time you want your alarm set whereafter she will check you phone battery percentage and advise you to charge your phone if necessary. Finally she will play cricket sounds to help you fall asleep :p ;)
Gave my google mini to my sister. Alexa is much better in my opinion.

Yuu

Executive Member
https://www.loot.co.za/product/seagate-stdd200-network-attached-storage-2-x-4tb-2-ba/mknr-3593-g3a0

2x 4TB Seagate NAS storage for R2999, but they only have one. Hard drives alone are worth more than that. I would have snapped it up if I could afford to.
Update: Was supposed to take delivery on past Friday but nobody heard the driver. Luckily yesterday they did.. Just unboxed it now and no HDDs inside :crying:. The unit is very nice though. Question, was it supposed to come with 2x 4TB HDDs or does it take a maximum of 2x 4TB drives hmm?