Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Swa

Honorary Master
Update: Was supposed to take delivery on past Friday but nobody heard the driver. Luckily yesterday they did.. Just unboxed it now and no HDDs inside :crying:. The unit is very nice though. Question, was it supposed to come with 2x 4TB HDDs or does it take a maximum of 2x 4TB drives hmm?
Doesn't say but the 2x4TB in the heading implies it does.

Reactions: Yuu

rodga

Honorary Master
Update: Was supposed to take delivery on past Friday but nobody heard the driver. Luckily yesterday they did.. Just unboxed it now and no HDDs inside :crying:. The unit is very nice though. Question, was it supposed to come with 2x 4TB HDDs or does it take a maximum of 2x 4TB drives hmm?
model number on details page says its the diskless version
check model number on your box to see if it matches

JustinB

Expert Member

Pretty sure the max is not 4tb drives. I didn't read the description with much focus, did it just say 2x4tb in the title?

I would log a return and say product doesn't match description. Get your monies back.

bar1

Expert Member
Had a similar issue with raru a few years ago, Synology,8tb and I think it was around R5000.
I did ask them to confirm that hard drive is included and they did, I placed the order and then they called me to say it doesn't....

Totempole

Expert Member
Definitely was supposed to include the hard drives. I did some research beforehand. They make a model that comes with 2x 6tb drives as well.

I would definitely return it, and there should be no questions.

Heading says:
Seagate STDD200 Network Attached Storage (2 x 4TB)(2 Bay)

The Description says:
Scalability is key. And the Seagate NAS Pro allows you to decide on the capacity that’s right for you - from a comfortably large 2TB, up to a massive 30TB.

So they can't argue that 2x 4TB was just indicating the maximum capacity.

Last edited: