Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I also picked one up for R799. And today I landed on the samsung page and see

View attachment 976018




Price now at R499, darn!
Soon it will be R299...whats the buzz on these...on its way out for a newer model or is this a complete death?
 
Huawei flash specials14 and 15 Dec limited quantity


Hauwei T3 7" tablet 1299

Matebook X Pro 29999

New specials tomorrow
Matepad T8 tablet 8" tablet on special today for R1799.

Matebook D14 is R13999
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yuu
Yes you can if you for instance look at the specs on ebay. I think he was pointing out the fact that it is "only" 18W and not 45W.
Also mentioned on amazon:

ROMOSS 40000mAh Power Bank, 18W PD Fast Charge USB C Portable Charger, 3 Outputs and 2 Inputs External Battery Pack with LED Display for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/8P, Samsung, Tablets, Laptops and More

About this item​

  • Precise Power Display: Always know how much capacity left when you press the power button with this digital LED display
  • Huge Capacity: The huge 40000mah capacity supports 8 times recharge for iPhone 11, 8.2 times recharge for Samsung S10, etc. The long-last power bank holds the power for weeks, ideal to take it for a trip, music festival, hiking and more.
  • 18W PD 3-Output: Charges QC-support devices up to 80% in just 35 minutes, 4 times faster than conventional chargers. 3 USB outputs enable to charge 3 devices simultaneously at maximum speed up to 3A.
  • 18W PD 2-Input: Only takes 16 hours to fully recharged itself with a 18W wall charger(Not included). Featuring 2-input: Micro-USB and Type-C provides high convenience of recharging this power bank with any of these 2 widely used cables.
  • Safety & Reliability: The built-in intelligent safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices, including over-heat, over-charge, over-current, over-discharge and short-circuit protection.

Yeah thanks, for a 40000mah device it’s pretty thick to not have it at least 45w PD. Would be great to charge a laptop (this isn’t only an Apple thing it’s applicable to most laptops and tablets nowadays)
 
Yeah thanks, for a 40000mah device it’s pretty thick to not have it at least 45w PD. Would be great to charge a laptop (this isn’t only an Apple thing it’s applicable to most laptops and tablets nowadays)
No one is forcing you to buy this model. They have a whole range. I reckon it is reasonably priced for the features it has.
 
No one is forcing you to buy this model. They have a whole range. I reckon it is reasonably priced for the features it has.

40000mah and 18w output is like having a car with 500hp but no wheels. Pointless, and no, it is not reasonably priced.
 
40000mah and 18w output is like having a car with 500hp but no wheels. Pointless, and no, it is not reasonably priced.
Whatever, we figured out you don't like it, works fine for what I use it for so stop complaining...
If it is so bad, suggest any other powerbank in the same price range with more features.

Actually, don't, cause you are derailing this thread :unsure:
 
I managed to pick up the Huawei AX3, aka Honor Router 3, for R890 all-inclusive on a Banggood group buy. If anyone else wants in on the group there's still time: https://banggood.app.link/K1snE09Zfcb

P.S. I think the link for the group buy only works via the Banggood app.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yuu
Samsung Galaxy buds plus R1700
 
applicable to total amount including shipping and import fees or only on the item price itself?
 

Attachments

  • 1608279625182.png
    1608279625182.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 183
applicable to total amount including shipping and import fees or only on the item price itself?

Was applicable on total and shipping excluding import fees. I used it a month ago to import my xiaomi. No longer valid it seems.

When you get codes you can just try apply it before paying and see for yourself.
 
Poor user reviews but it's a very cheap SSD.

I posted earlier this month about the hikvision. It is cheaper at pclinkshop
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yuu
Google Home Mini Smart Speaker Chalk (OEM Refurbished) - R299 from shopandship

Shipping is R79 but if you order more than 1 item (any item) shipping is free.

Edit: Also sold by their sister company (macnificent) on BOB for same price:
 
Last edited:
Google Home Mini Smart Speaker Chalk (OEM Refurbished) - R299 from shopandship

Shipping is R79 but if you order more than 1 item (any item) shipping is free.

Edit: Also sold by their sister company (macnificent) on BOB for same price:
I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the one gifted to me
 
I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the one gifted to me
Oh the possibilities is endless....
You can get some humour by swearing at her, asking for a joke etc.
You can play multiple games, like rock paper scissors for instance.
You can play any artist's music in 'shuffle' mode using spotify free account (specific song request and playlists if you have premium)
You can stream radio stations, especially nice ones that has poor reception in your area.
You can turn lights and switch off (I have a colour wifi light bulb that cost about 200 bucks).
I also have some sonoff wifi switches which I hooked up to various devices e.g. my pc monitor to turn it off by voice when I don't want to get up.

Ask the weather, ask chances of rain in your area, etc etc etc
You can even tell her to remember your favorite number and when you ask her again she will tell you.
Same with things like e.g. 'What is my brother's name' - if you tell her she will remember and all of this info get saved in your google account for future use.

Also, multiple people in the house can install the google home app and let her record their voice print - this means I can say: 'Ok google, where is my phone' and it will ring my phone even though it might be on silent.
But if my brother gives the same command, his phone will ring.

Then there is of course 'routines' - if I tell her 'Ok google, good morning' she will tell me the weather and read the latest news as well as tell me about my daily schedule if I put it in the google calendar app.
These routines you can edit in the google home app, add things like turn lights on and off etc
The default 'good night' routine would for instance ask you what time you want the alarm set and then play some sleeping music (crickets lol).

Possibilities are endless and the AI get improved in the cloud daily, so the speaker gets new functionality on a regular basis.
If you tell her 'Ok, google, I hate you' she would even offer to record your voice in order to give feedback to the google team on how they can improve.

Basically ANY THING you can think of asking you can try and see the response, also stuff like conversions e.g. inches to cm, anything you can google you can ask via voice.
 
Oh the possibilities is endless....
You can get some humour by swearing at her, asking for a joke etc.
You can play multiple games, like rock paper scissors for instance.
You can play any artist's music in 'shuffle' mode using spotify free account (specific song request and playlists if you have premium)
You can stream radio stations, especially nice ones that has poor reception in your area.
You can turn lights and switch off (I have a colour wifi light bulb that cost about 200 bucks).
I also have some sonoff wifi switches which I hooked up to various devices e.g. my pc monitor to turn it off by voice when I don't want to get up.

Ask the weather, ask chances of rain in your area, etc etc etc
You can even tell her to remember your favorite number and when you ask her again she will tell you.
Same with things like e.g. 'What is my brother's name' - if you tell her she will remember and all of this info get saved in your google account for future use.

Also, multiple people in the house can install the google home app and let her record their voice print - this means I can say: 'Ok google, where is my phone' and it will ring my phone even though it might be on silent.
But if my brother gives the same command, his phone will ring.

Then there is of course 'routines' - if I tell her 'Ok google, good morning' she will tell me the weather and read the latest news as well as tell me about my daily schedule if I put it in the google calendar app.
These routines you can edit in the google home app, add things like turn lights on and off etc
The default 'good night' routine would for instance ask you what time you want the alarm set and then play some sleeping music (crickets lol).

Possibilities are endless and the AI get improved in the cloud daily, so the speaker gets new functionality on a regular basis.
If you tell her 'Ok, google, I hate you' she would even offer to record your voice in order to give feedback to the google team on how they can improve.

Basically ANY THING you can think of asking you can try and see the response, also stuff like conversions e.g. inches to cm, anything you can google you can ask via voice.
I must try set it up
 
I must try set it up
Yes for sure.

I forgot to mention it is an intercom as well as phone.
If you have more than one speaker you can say 'Ok, google, broadcast' - she will ask you what you want to broadcast and then record your voice and play it on all other speakers in your home. E.g. 'Everyone come to the kitchen, dinner is ready!' ;)

Then if you install google duo (similar to whatsapp / skype calling), you can call other contacts on your phone that also has the duo app - then the speaker becomes a speakerphone.
I know of someone that was alone at home and injured themselves and could not get up - they used this voice calling to call someone for help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yuu
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X