Hardware Bargains

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that this thread appears to being taken badly off topic.... guys, let's keep it as a hardware bargain thread. Some of us come back here every few days or so to see what is available and it is not fun sifting through all the cr@p. And yes I was partly guilty for pointing out Wantitall's exorbitant pricing on the epilator but that was to prove a point....
 
So as you guys normally receive a lot of flack I will be the first to say....good price! Thats the cheapest XFX 4890 that Ive seen:)
And before anyone starts b!tching...give props where they are due;)

You obviously have not looked very hard :) It didn't take very long for me to find this....

http://www.have2have.co.za/product/...-4890-10-GB-DDR5-PCI-E-20-Graphics-Car/90081/ = R2,466

And that seems to be their standard price and not a "big deal"

Only did this as I was wanting to give wantitall the benefit of the doubt...

EDIT : There we go, and beaten by PC Zone
 
You obviously have not looked very hard :) It didn't take very long for me to find this....

http://www.have2have.co.za/product/...-4890-10-GB-DDR5-PCI-E-20-Graphics-Car/90081/ = R2,466

And that seems to be their standard price and not a "big deal"

Only did this as I was wanting to give wantitall the benefit of the doubt...

EDIT : There we go, and beaten by PC Zone

Yes and PCzone also beats most suppliers on prices as well......:rolleyes:.
PCzone is an entity on its own, they do not ship unless you arrange with a courier so no one up here in JHB really buys from them;)

As for have2have...good price. I did not go HUNTING for prices Lancelot...simply stated from what I have seen(and I frequent a fair amount of sites-h2h not being one of them).

But nevermind then, you seem determined to run them down, so go for it :)

[And no I don't think that they are reasonably priced....I have asked for competitive quotes in the past where they only paste their link of the item even if its 50% more expensive than a standard price]


EDIT: I see now why I never really used H2H as their navigation on their site is so crap...and the search function is useless...but here are some gems in any case :D

XFX GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB DDR3
Price: R7,575.32


XFX Geforce 8800 Ultra XXX 768MB Dual DVI Video Card
Price: R9,050.49
 
Last edited:
But nevermind then, you seem determined to run them down, so go for it :)

[And no I don't think that they are reasonably priced....I have asked for competitive quotes in the past where they only paste their link of the item even if its 50% more expensive than a standard price]

Quite bizarre that you state I am apparently determined to run them down and then you finish up by saying exactly what I have been saying... strange.

Maybe it is just me, as a consumer, who expects a special offer or a "big deal" to actually be a lot cheaper than the normal price at many other stores. This is all was pointing out...
 
EDIT: I see now why I never really used H2H as their navigation on their site is so crap...and the search function is useless...but here are some gems in any case :D

XFX GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB DDR3
Price: R7,575.32


XFX Geforce 8800 Ultra XXX 768MB Dual DVI Video Card
Price: R9,050.49

Hey, not sure why the vendetta against them now, I don't work there or own it :)

My post was in reference to the XFX4890. Those cards seems a little irrelevant. And you may also notice the following status for them, respectively :

All of our supplying stores are currently out of stock.

Unknown stock information, please email us for an update.

So clearly those are not up to date prices.

Anyway, I don't give a damn. If I want goods I find it for the best price I can - the joys of online shopping. It just so happens that I have NEVER found it cheaper on wantitall.
 
Quite bizarre that you state I am apparently determined to run them down and then you finish up by saying exactly what I have been saying... strange.

Maybe it is just me, as a consumer, who expects a special offer or a "big deal" to actually be a lot cheaper than the normal price at many other stores. This is all was pointing out...

On this occasion I believe it is a good price. Normally their prices are exorbitant, I'm not arguing against that:) Like I said PCzone is a non-issue, I don't even look at their prices anymore. As for H2H, well if I look at the rest of their GFX card prices then the XFX seems to be a typo..lol. They have 8600gt's going for more. And other than those two stores the XFX price seems good to me at least. Either way, it is an improvement:)
 
Hi guys,

To only look at price in isolation might not be the best way to look at things. Customer service etc might also need to be taken into account. Taking into account only price might be a very short-term view ?

If we just wanted price, we'd never ever buy retail, and always go direct to suppliers?
 
Hi guys,

To only look at price in isolation might not be the best way to look at things. Customer service etc might also need to be taken into account. Taking into account only price might be a very short-term view ?

If we just wanted price, we'd never ever buy retail, and always go direct to suppliers?

That may be true up to a point Apoc. I wanted to order a book recently that retails for R1300 at Kalahari. I asked for a competitive quote from you guys and all I received was a link to the item on your site where it retails for R1900. Service or not...that is a hell of a difference:)
 
That may be true up to a point Apoc. I wanted to order a book recently that retails for R1300 at Kalahari. I asked for a competitive quote from you guys and all I received was a link to the item on your site where it retails for R1900. Service or not...that is a hell of a difference:)

And what service does a book need, anyway?
 
this thread is going downhill fast!

he meant that he was not given a competitive quote, merely pointed to the book at a higher price

Ok this is my last OT post:
He is merely stating that a book would require no additional service from WIA thus making the whole "additional customer service" argument irrelevant:)

Now back to specials peeps:
Uhmmm..I have nothing:(
 
Ok this is my last OT post:
He is merely stating that a book would require no additional service from WIA thus making the whole "additional customer service" argument irrelevant:)

Now back to specials peeps:
Uhmmm..I have nothing:(

Yeah, I understood that. He asked for a competitive quote and got none! Anyway, back to the specials

The Braun Mixer at clicks is going for R199:D
 
I feel I have to come up for WIA somewhat. I think their service is aimed on items you can't readily get over here. I recently ordered an item from them that was half the price (even after adding quite expensive shipping) that it retails for locally.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X