Hats off to Telkom billing

Cara

Expert Member
I'll probably get lambasted for this :) but Telkom's billing department have really impressed me.

I've used just about every provider in the country and done my fair share of complaining about the billing so it's only fair to comment when an operator gets something right ;).

Every month Telkom sends me a bill and I don't open it (too lazy) but they have a great follow up system. I get an SMS alerting me to the outstanding payment and then today the nicest lady called me to make sure I had paid.

It's great, rather than cut me off, and then all hell breaks loose, they went to great efforts to get the right info.

I had paid the bill btw :D.

moklet

Expert Member
I must agree with Cara here, telkom's billing never gives me any issues, when I report a fault they even automatically deduct the line rental from it as well, without me having to contact them.

Valis

Expert Member
Funny, I had exactly the opposite experience. :p

Went to pay my bill one month, no problem. Went to the same place the next month, they gave me the run-around :( Methinks this is more typical of Telkom "service".

jb007za

Agreed. Unlike Multichoice who cut you off if you're a single day late with DSTV payment... without a second thought about the actual relationship with the customer. Loyalty clearly only means Rands and cents to them!

eCliPSe

I'll probably get lambasted for this :) but Telkom's billing department have really impressed me.

I've used just about every provider in the country and done my fair share of complaining about the billing so it's only fair to comment when an operator gets something right ;).

Every month Telkom sends me a bill and I don't open it (too lazy) but they have a great follow up system. I get an SMS alerting me to the outstanding payment and then today the nicest lady called me to make sure I had paid.

It's great, rather than cut me off, and then all hell breaks loose, they went to great efforts to get the right info.

I had paid the bill btw :D.

Repent judgment day is apon us. Im just checking for fiery rain from the sky.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
I got a surprise the other day,when I signed up for my new adsl service 8 months ago I provided details for Debit Order. In the past if you missed a payment an automated phone system would phone and drone on and on about please paying immediately to avoid suspension. Other day I get an SMS,basically saying you owe us R4000 for your telkom bill. Orly,log into the online site,check my payment details - "cash".

Fair enough I could have double checked if they were debiting but I was used to being hounded :p

mercurial

MyBB Legend
I must agree with Cara here, telkom's billing never gives me any issues, when I report a fault they even automatically deduct the line rental from it as well, without me having to contact them.

Says the man whose nickname is "telkom" spelt back-to-front :D

cpu.

Expert Member
There is much to fault with Telkom, but billing is not one.

Cara

Expert Member
Man, you guys are nice :) ... no one has called me an idiot yet :D.

ab-user

Expert Member
They send me a mail every month to tell me what my outstanding balance is. Works like a charm, as I don't even know where they deliver my account to ;)
Great service, especially with the backup calls, etc if you forget to pay.

EchoZA

Expert Member
I get the sms 1st , then the phone call and 2 weeks later the bill, things are a bit slower in Dirtbin :)

dabbler

Expert Member
They send me a mail every month to tell me what my outstanding balance is. Works like a charm, as I don't even know where they deliver my account to ;)
Great service, especially with the backup calls, etc if you forget to pay.
+1

StevenC

Expert Member
Telkom billing is only good when they want to get money out of you. It is pretty much the only part of the company that moves forward with gusto...unless of course they F up your bill. Then when you need to get it rectified with them, that is a whole other kettle of fish :S

Also upgrading line speed, sure nooooo problem, done in seconds, bill is on its way, have a nice day!

robdutchmonkey

They are useless... I hate them. In the beginning of the year from Feb through March my telephone and adsl line were down for about 50 days. We pay Telkom about a grand every month. After much complaining they said the best refund we could get was R250 for the lines not working, we still had to pay R1750. Also, we only got the discount in May

cpu.

Expert Member
Why all the hate? I enjoy my 384kbps "fast" "broadband" connection with efficient billing system.