Head-Coupled Perspective - on iOS and android (3D for all!)

Carr0t

I can't find anything on the forum about it and didn't hear the boffins (sorry Jan) talk about it last night on the live stream. Is it just me who's been "out of the loop" concerning Head-Coupled Perspective? This is for me the coolest new "thing" thats come to smartphone tech since AR(augmented reality), by far! iOS has the app called i3D in the itunes store for free if someone hasn't seen anything about this yet, or you can check this video about it. It's just fantastic.

And it would seem android 4 ICS comes with support for it somehow? Anyone know how exactly they'll be using it? All I know is...Dagnamit Samsung I hope you'll be putting this in for the Galaxy range! Cause obviously this would be cool(er) on the 2MP S2 camera. They don't have to go to extremes, even just a little incorporation into the homscreen UI would be appreciated.

Here are some pictures:
i3d-300x170.jpg

i3d-iPhone.jpg

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Can't watch the video because my flash is on the frits again :mad:
Does it change 3d perspective on the screen according to how you turn the device?

Carr0t

Can't watch the video because my flash is on the frits again :mad:
Does it change 3d perspective on the screen according to how you turn the device?

Yeap, turning the device or moving your head. It doesn't use the giro, just the front camera (as far as i understand)

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Yeap, turning the device or moving your head. It doesn't use the giro, just the front camera (as far as i understand)
Oh okay, I thought the Gyro wouldn't be able to detect movement like that.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Looks cool. But I think the main I would be after is a 3D camera. :)

Cant say I am all to bothered about having a app that makes my gui look like 3D

Carr0t

Looks cool. But I think the main I would be after is a 3D camera. :)

Cant say I am all to bothered about having a app that makes my gui look like 3D

But are the 3D displays like the LG and HTC that cool? I haven't seen anything eccept a nintendo 4DS display yet so I can't judge. But the true 3D displays are...different. This is something everyone can use.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
But are the 3D displays like the LG and HTC that cool? I haven't seen anything eccept a nintendo 4DS display yet so I can't judge. But the true 3D displays are...different. This is something everyone can use.

Im just saying. :) Its a cool app though. Just dont think I would really use it. :)