Help With Engine Replacement - Need Advice

FrikkieSwag

Hi everyone,

I'm currently driving an Opel Corsa Lite 1.4i 2006 but I want to do something fun with it

I want to replace the current engine with an Opel Z16XEP Ecotec engine

I'm just not sure if the mounting points are the same on the engine as my vehicle or if it will fit on my gearbox

If anyone can maybe give me more insight if it will fit or not, I'll greatly appreciate it

Have a lovely day

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Why not go and ask a decent mechanic?

You are probably looking at a fair chunk of cost to do that sort of engine swap.

FrikkieSwag

@OCP Thank you appreciate it, will ask there

@ToxicBunny I have asked a few but non of them have a straight answer for me. It's mostly "Depends if the mount points are the same and if it will fit on the gearbox." but I hear what you're saying I probably just haven't found a decent one yet. Also just asking here since there are a lot more people to ask at once then driving around or calling mechanics. I know it's going to cost me a bit of money to do but it's something I would like to do :D

OCP

Expert Member
I'd love a project car to work on - do an engine swap/upgrade/etc.
Biggest cost would be your labor so if you can do some/most of it yourself it does not need to cost a fortune.

Nod

Executive Member
Spicy

Very very Spicy :D

Was also considering a lexus motor but I don't feel like flying just yet:eek:
At least those guys would be able to answer questions around mounting brackets, etc.

FrikkieSwag

I'd love a project car to work on - do an engine swap/upgrade/etc.
Biggest cost would be your labor so if you can do some/most of it yourself it does not need to cost a fortune.

True the labor is going to cost a bit if I had the time or tools I would do it on my own but yeah

Only reason well one of the reasons I want to do it is because I'm having so much k@k with the current engine that I'd rather get another engine that I want then to spend another dime on my current one X_X

chemfis

Why not just look for the same engine at a scrapyard, rebuild it and then just swop?

Aghori

Honorary Master
Ask any charou in Chatsworth or Phoenix. Some of the cunts have installed a v8 supercharged engine in a citi golf.