help:-(!!! XBOX 360 or PS3???

gregmcc

Honorary Master
The best advise is to do your own research. Fanbois will always say console A is better because of.... (even if its a piece of junk running on a 8088)

It all comes down to how much you have to spend and what you want to get out of it? There's pros and cons for all the consoles. One might be better for one person, another one better for someone else.

And as for "I would say get a 360, why cause its not a Sony PS3" - what a dumb ass!

BTTB

I've given up on seeing sensibility in these threads.
Hello Guys/Gals

Just had to clean up two pages in this thread.:confused:

Not sure what you guys are so anxious about, but please keep the conversation civil and mature.

Thanks.
Regards,
BTTB.

FnuckNut

Banned
Did you bother reading the end. Atleast they doing something about it. If you read the end you will notice the hardware improvements and the extended warrentee.

Yes I have read it, so give credit to Sony, without hostility, that they are also aspiring to further improve their system and at least is also doing something about it. Problem exists and people asking should be informed of all the pros and cons of the consoles and discuss all the capabilities without the fear of naming and swearing as lodged in this case today.
So as BTTB stated. Keep it civil and all can lodge their views.

I personally will lodge a RBP from now on (great feature) for every post I see as such until these attacks stops.

Multimedia and the BD player is an issue to be discussed as well as the pro’s and cons of the live connections as they develop. Costing is also always an issue and people should know why the Xbox is so cheap as compared to the PS3. All are valid issues that should and can be discussed. In peace that is.

F

Fudzy

As an Xbox owner, the controller and wider selection of older (read: cheaper) games are the only two things I would say top it over the PS3.

doobiwan

Executive Member
Yes I have read it, so give credit to Sony, without hostility, that they are also aspiring to further improve their system and at least is also doing something about it. Problem exists and people asking should be informed of all the pros and cons of the consoles and discuss all the capabilities without the fear of naming and swearing as lodged in this case today.
So as BTTB stated. Keep it civil and all can lodge their views.

I personally will lodge a RBP from now on (great feature) for every post I see as such until these attacks stops.

Multimedia and the BD player is an issue to be discussed as well as the pro’s and cons of the live connections as they develop. Costing is also always an issue and people should know why the Xbox is so cheap as compared to the PS3. All are valid issues that should and can be discussed. In peace that is.

Here's a novel thought. Maybe stop posting drivel and contribute to at least one discussion in a positive and constructive manner and maybe people will stop treating you like a 'tard.

jarrodr

Expert Member
OK...Thanks everyone. Think I'm gonna go with the XBOX 360 Pro (60gig) and buy a 2nd controller.
Theres more games on the XBOX and I know....more PS3 games are coming out.
PS3 games are a tad bit pricey and theres hardly any secondhand games out there yet.

jarrodr

Expert Member
Thanks man,

Think I'm gonna go with what Ewie said. BGR has the XBOX 360 Pro+GOW2 for R2959. but gotta wait till Nov:-(

doobiwan

Executive Member
Thanks man,

Think I'm gonna go with what Ewie said. BGR has the XBOX 360 Pro+GOW2 for R2959. but gotta wait till Nov:-(

Sounds like an excellent deal... but it just means you'll be missing Far Cry 2, Dead Space, Saints Row 2, Fallout 3 and Fable 2 for 2 weeks as well ;) Which if you're not impulsive shouldn't be a problem ...

Just teasing ... :p Welcome, we look forward catch you on live. In gears. With a chainsaw :D

jarrodr

Expert Member
Damnit, I can't wait to get Saints Row 2 and Far Cry 2. I've been waiting so long for GTA 5 to come on PC (Sometime in November), think I'll get that for the XBOX 360 too.

But in your'lls honest opinion should I get the XBOX 360 now or wait till end Nov/beginning Dec?

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
well ...... if you have the cash spare for some games now, then don't worry about a bundle deal and get it ...... TODAY!!! :D Otherwise, wait for a bundle deal.

jarrodr

Expert Member
Hmmm...I don't wanna be implusive. Think I'll check around more at prices

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones

Just get a bundle with a different game. Even if you don't like that much, you can play it, then take it to a trade station to trade it for something else.

doobiwan

Executive Member

I'm just being a little bit evil ;) There's some good bundles on the market already. Basically with that GoW2 deal you're saving R300 in total, so if you see a bundle that gives you another R300 worth of value that you want (other games, controller etc) then it's worth considering.

FnuckNut

Banned
Damnit, I can't wait to get Saints Row 2 and Far Cry 2. I've been waiting so long for GTA 5 to come on PC (Sometime in November), think I'll get that for the XBOX 360 too.

But in your'lls honest opinion should I get the XBOX 360 now or wait till end Nov/beginning Dec?

Wait. I am waiting for the Christmas promotions. I think/hope there are going to be good Xbox/Ps3 promotions.

DarKWateR

Expert Member
I'm not trying to be rude jarrodr but didn't you see the already stickied xbox/ps3 thread with over 3200 posts? Altough on the other hand, reading through all that might be a mission....but in the end this post is just becoming another spawn to the big daddy...

In terms of what console to buy....I can promise you or anybody for the matter that you already have your heart set on 1 may it be Xbox or PS or even Wii. Truth is I've seen lots of people asking questions about console purchases just to rock up at the shop buying the exact opposite.

Yeah, there are all the 10 zillion factors (features, price, games, exclusives, add-ons, appearance, stability, bundles, blah blah) but in the end it all comes down to that "gut" feeling and selecting the option that appeals to you the most ;)

May you be happy with whatever console you decide to buy.

P.S. You're only allowed to start flaming after you bought the console :p

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I'm not trying to be rude jarrodr but didn't you see the already stickied xbox/ps3 thread with over 3200 posts?

that's a FBF thread ..... anybody finding any useful info there needs to be the next president :D

jarrodr

Expert Member
I saw that thread, it was freakin long. I started this cause I wanted a quick answer, which I kinda got...

Last edited: