Hermanus riots

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Hermanus CPF 20/07/18 update at 15h10 : the Minister of Police General Bheki Cele addressed a Stakeholders meeting at OM Auditorium where his message resulted in positive engagement, however that message was apparently received with mixed results at the Imzibo which followed at the Zwelihle Stadium.
There is a crowd at the Taxi Rank. R43 is open, Zwelihle access roads are closed. SAPS, POP, Law Enforcement and Traffic are in place.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
A brief period of rejoicing, as they are getting on their moer. One can only hope more is in store.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Hermanus CPF 20/07/18 update at 17h00 : POP has taken action to disperse the crowd at the Taxi Rank. R43 is open and Zwelihle access roads are closed.

lsheed_cn

Expert Member
Do you know how easy it is to get a T-shirt made?

Quite easy - As far as I remember, you order from your Taiwanese buddy, have them made in mainland China, shipped over to SA, and don't pay any import taxes, then tell SARS go to ***** themselves, right?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Quite easy - As far as I remember, you order from your Taiwanese buddy, have them made in mainland China, shipped over to SA, and don't pay any import taxes, then tell SARS go to ***** themselves, right?

That's after your donation to the ANC.

genetic

Honorary Master
Well if you want to get grammatically technical, then yes.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Hermanus CPF 21/07/18 update at 06h20 : SAPS performed Visible Policing patrols in and around Zwelihle during the night. The area was quiet and without incident and all agencies continue monitoring the situation. R43 is open and the access roads into Zwelihle remain closed.

R13...

Honorary Master
They should enforce a curfew and open up the area so people can go to work. But you'll probably need to deploy the army to make it stick otherwise it takes police resources to enforce

Spizz

Goat Botherer
My domestic helper has been on holiday in the Eastern Cape last couple of weeks and returned yesterday. We offered to house her and her child until this blows over, but she decided eventually to go to Zwe as things appear to have calmed down.

Unfortunately not so. She messaged my wife about the intimidation still ongoing and here we see it confirmed in this message from a local MPP...

PARLIAMENTARY OFFICE OF MASIZOLE MNQASELA MPP
A group calling themselves Zwelihle Renewal in Zwelihle Township, Hermanus, have vowed to burn homes of all people who dare go to work tomorrow, 22 July, 2018.
Their claim is that workers will only go to work, when their leaders are OUT of jail. I want to WARN them, that they will be met with the heaviest Arm of the Law.
This is a Democratic South Africa, not some Banana Republic. Zwelihle is not an Island. If any person is declaring war on the people, the Police has a Constitutional Duty to defend Law abiding Citizens.
This is not just a promise, but a commitment to the beautiful people of Zwelihle. Law and Order is the only option.
We will Not allow Criminals to Rule our communities. Where have you seen thugs making rules for innocent people?
Enough Is Enough!!
FREE ZWELIHLE RESIDENTS NOW!!!
QINA MHLALI QINA!!

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Spizz, are you hearing anything about longtime residents wanting to sell their properties and move elsewhere?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Spizz, are you hearing anything about longtime residents wanting to sell their properties and move elsewhere?

Not really Morty, the locals all just want to help the people of Zwelihle and are pulling together for each other. The town has actually become very close and lots of volunteering is going on in restaurants and guest houses etc.

Everyone understands it's a small bunch of thugs intimidating the community at large and they will be dealt with by the law.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Not really Morty, the locals all just want to help the people of Zwelihle and are pulling together for each other. The town has actually become very close and lots of volunteering is going on in restaurants and guest houses etc.

Everyone understands it's a small bunch of thugs intimidating the community at large and they will be dealt with by the law.

This is good news, when a minority try and pull down a community and then the community discovers their humanity and support each other....

A good mate of mine just moved down to Hermanus and bought a restaurant, left the desert after many years up here, I wonder about the viability of his decision...

Spizz

Goat Botherer
This is good news, when a minority try and pull down a community and then the community discovers their humanity and support each other....

A good mate of mine just moved down to Hermanus and bought a restaurant, left the desert after many years up here, I wonder about the viability of his decision...

It's a tough time at the moment and no doubt there have been businesses suffering, but hopefully the end is in sight and we are back to normal this week. But yeah, my wife has been waitressing in the evenings and said it's been very busy. Indeed, someone just posted this on Facebook of the local Ocean Basket from a few minutes ago...

37598950_10156237600341351_158616097178779648_n.jpg

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
yeah, small bunch of thugs :rolleyes:

When hundreds/thousands join in on the looting and destruction it's no longer a small group. All that going on and still ostrich fever, I dunno

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
I have English Tourists coming out in four weeks, I will be taking them around the hood, we the Cape Town hood, which includes Walker Bay, hopefully it quietens down by then.....

Stay strong....

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I have English Tourists coming out in four weeks, I will be taking them around the hood, we the Cape Town hood, which includes Walker Bay, hopefully it quietens down by then.....

Stay strong....

The whales are out in force this year. Get them to Hermanus, they'll love it ;)