High end pc vs ps3 vs xbox

NOOB101

hi i just want to know what you guys think is best for gaming?i think pc owns
xbox and ps3

timgaul

Honorary Master
Sure, put down 18k now and we'll get you a great gaming machine. Just remember to do the same in 2, 4, 6 and 8 years time.

I am Penguin

Executive Member
hi i just want to know what you guys think is best for gaming?i think pc owns
xbox and ps3
I think, you think, you have read what someone else think and thus do not think at all.

Have you run Killzone yet on the PC, how is that better on PC??

NOOB101

Have not played killzone yet but have played fallout 3 and it looks great on pc better than xbox and ps3

I am Penguin

Executive Member
Have not played killzone yet but have played fallout 3 and it looks great on pc better than xbox and ps3
I thought so, go buy a PC copy and play it, You will never regret it, thats is if you can find one. All sold out! The best game there is.

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
Killzone is not better on PC, because it was designed for the limitations of the Xbox.

For me, Its simple, If you like Fast paced FPS games, in depth Strategy or intricate and detailed RPG games, then PC owns.

For what's left. IE, casual games like racing and smash-em-ups, and FPS games with Auto aim to compensate for the poor controller. The Xbox is probably best, If you can afford paying double the price for games.

Last edited:

inferno

I have a ps3 and a high end pc (cost me only R10k) and my pc destroys the ps3 in terms of graphics, and playability.

i have Deadspace and World at War on both, and the PC not only wins in terms of the controls, but also easily in terms of graphics. The PS3 is nice for exclusive games, such as GT5.

I only use my ps3 for watching dvd's and blueray now days...

What you spend on the hardware for your pc, you save when it comes to paying only R300 per PC title, compared to R1000 for ps3 title.

Last edited:
I have a ps3 and a high end pc (cost me only R10k) and my pc destroys the ps3 in terms of graphics, and playability.

i have Deadspace and World at War on both, and the PC not only wins in terms of the controls, but also easily in terms of graphics.

I only use my ps3 for watching dvd's and blueray now days...
Great, now go invite your mates over for a few beers and crowd around your PC trying to play against each other. Let's see how much fun that is.

PS: It's pointless looking good when things get choppy every few seconds because of the constant reads/write going on in the OS background. And that's before you have to sit hunch-backed in front of your crappy 22" monitor :)

Last edited:

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Sure, put down 18k now and we'll get you a great gaming machine. Just remember to do the same in 2, 4, 6 and 8 years time.
Lol...don't be ignorant Tim...come now:) Ive just built my GF a very nice pc for about R6K(granted I already had the screen etc). Secondhand games are dirt cheap and GFX card prices have come down A LOT. Hardware wise the pc market is much better off than it was 2/3 years ago. Competition between Nvidia and ATI has become more fierce with the consumer reaping the benefits. Intel/AMD is still slightly less competitive.

This question is however one that will never be answerable by anyone. Xbox and PS3 are both excellent gaming platforms and you can't really go wrong with either. It all depends on what you want it for predominantly.
As for PC oriented gaming...we'll we all have PCs already so the actual cost of a gaming rig isn't really the price of the pc as such. Its more the addons that are necessary that will enable you to play the games that you want play ie. good GFX card, Case for better cooling and whatever else you want to add on that will enhance you gaming experience.

So what I'm getting at is if you are a true gamer it doesn't really matter on what format you game on...if you really enjoy it then who gives a *****.
You will always get fanboi's (cue IAP music..lol:D) on both sides but just because I prefer one format above another does not mean I have to run around putting everyone else down about their preferred gaming method:)
Love and peace:p
END:cool:

Slayeruser

Expert Member
Great, now go invite your mates over for a few beers and crowd around your PC trying to play against each other. Let's see how much fun that is.

PS: It's pointless looking good when things get choppy every few seconds because of the constant reads/write going on in the OS background. And that's before you have to sit hunch-backed in front of your crappy 22" monitor :)
That is why you have both.......

FPS is for PC's, consoles have some great exclusives, but put against a PC, it’s just not the same. As for the frame rate drop, even PS3 have some of those

Now on the other hand, consoles is much better playing with friends and so on

So, it basically comes down to, what do you like, and what can you afford, as both have their own pros and cons.

That is why you have both.......

FPS is for PC's, consoles have some great exclusives, but put against a PC, it’s just not the same. As for the frame rate drop, even PS3 have some of those

Now on the other hand, consoles is much better playing with friends and so on

So, it basically comes down to, what do you like, and what can you afford, as both have their own pros and cons.
Well that's the point. These x vs. y vs. z threads are pointless because each has their place in the market.

ADRAM3L3CH

So what I'm getting at is if you are a true gamer it doesn't really matter on what format you game on...if you really enjoy it then who gives a *****.
You will always get fanboi's (cue IAP music..lol:D) on both sides but just because I prefer one format above another does not mean I have to run around putting everyone else down about their preferred gaming method:)
Love and peace:p
END:cool:
+1!
I have a pc and an xbox , use both for gaming and don't really care which is better as long as I can enjoy a game!

timgaul

Honorary Master
Lol...don't be ignorant Tim...come now:) Ive just built my GF a very nice pc for about R6K(granted I already had the screen etc). Secondhand games are dirt cheap and GFX card prices have come down A LOT. Hardware wise the pc market is much better off than it was 2/3 years ago. Competition between Nvidia and ATI has become more fierce with the consumer reaping the benefits. Intel/AMD is still slightly less competitive.
Oh, I must've misread. I thought this was about gaming PCs. My bad.

Kerrrang!

Well, are graphics (read: some slightly higher res texture, couple extra leaves on trees etc) your deciding factor or gameplay? If it's the latter, then i'm i'm afraid consoles own, and in particular the PS3, depending on your choice of games. All PC owners ever seem to look forward to are:
1) Starcraft 2
2) Diablo 3

Nice. 2 games, released who knows when. (and they may even make it over to consoles)

Sorry, but PC gamers are holding onto graphic superiority as the be-all-and-end-all, when there's just so much more they're missing out on.