Home Automation - Smartkit

Anyone know if a Centurion D5-Evo can handle 220-240V on the trigger terminal? Thinking of using the Sonoff basic in Inching mode on the trigger wire.

I have seen the post where a Sonoff SV can be used with the D5-Evo, but have a spare Sonoff basic lying around.
 
Anyone know if a Centurion D5-Evo can handle 220-240V on the trigger terminal? Thinking of using the Sonoff basic in Inching mode on the trigger wire.

I have seen the post where a Sonoff SV can be used with the D5-Evo, but have a spare Sonoff basic lying around.

Pretty sure it’s going to explode.

Those triggers are all dry contact closing circuit type setups that carry almost no voltage.

But I do believe it’s possible to make a basic do dry contact, just takes a lot more work than an SV and can’t be powered from a battery so won’t be load shedding friendly etc.
 
I have ontec guage it smart water meter, you can have a limit and it send notifications when you are above a threshold.
That's a good product, pity about the subscription requirement but I guess that's how they subsidise the device costs.
Would be great if they had a public api that end users could use to integrate into Home Assistant.
 
@Sinbad remind me what logic did you use to check when one of the Sonoff’s go offline to send you a notification and indicate load shedding?
 
Anyone know if a Centurion D5-Evo can handle 220-240V on the trigger terminal? Thinking of using the Sonoff basic in Inching mode on the trigger wire.

I have seen the post where a Sonoff SV can be used with the D5-Evo, but have a spare Sonoff basic lying around.

I used a Sonoff SV and had to pop off the resistors to make it dry contact. I know almost nothing about electrical engineering but I wouldn't put any voltage through it, it's supposed to just bridge COM and Trig to open the gate.
 
@Sinbad remind me what logic did you use to check when one of the Sonoff’s go offline to send you a notification and indicate load shedding?
I don't use it any more, but if any of them that weren't on the ups went offline it was a good indication.
 
Eish, is it possible to buy from Shelly direct?
That is from Shelly directly - can't get more direct. My product manager has assured me it will be shipping in a few days.

Edit: my guess is some of the newer products are having trouble with demand.

Also Hungary just had a two week holiday.
 
I don't use it any more, but if any of them that weren't on the ups went offline it was a good indication.
I don't use it any more, but if any of them that weren't on the ups went offline it was a good indication.

Yes I figured that but what code logic did you use to check that and alert you?

Just simple automation on the status?

To be honest I didn't even look at it yet, figured I would ask before scratching.
 
Not sure if it'll help - but I use a site monitor - if HA goes down - I get an email.

Yeah I want to monitor this bloody Sonoff SV attached to my Garage Door to track when it goes on and offline.

But thinking about it now it shouldn't be any more complicated than just using an automation against the state going from online to anything else.
 
Yeah I want to monitor this bloody Sonoff SV attached to my Garage Door to track when it goes on and offline.

But thinking about it now it shouldn't be any more complicated than just using an automation against the state going from online to anything else.

You can possibly create a binary sensor and ping it.

YAML:
  - platform: command_line
    command: 'ping -c 1 192.168.x.x | grep "1 packets received" | wc -l'
    name: Gate Sensor Online
    device_class: connectivity
    payload_on: 1
    payload_off: 0
 
Yeah I want to monitor this bloody Sonoff SV attached to my Garage Door to track when it goes on and offline.

But thinking about it now it shouldn't be any more complicated than just using an automation against the state going from online to anything else.
Well since its connected through mqtt, do you really get state? I am not familiar with HA, but I dont get it in Openhab.
One way I think I can alert myself, is logging the wireless signal strength to influx, grafana can do alerts when it hasn't seen new data for X amount of time. So wont be instant, but is one way to get an alert without installing a typical monitoring solution that ISPs use.
 
Well since its connected through mqtt, do you really get state? I am not familiar with HA, but I dont get it in Openhab.
One way I think I can alert myself, is logging the wireless signal strength to influx, grafana can do alerts when it hasn't seen new data for X amount of time. So wont be instant, but is one way to get an alert without installing a typical monitoring solution that ISPs use.

You get a "payload unavailable" state which I think would be best to monitor.

For some reason can't get into my HA instance remotely now otherwise I would have fiddled already.

I'm just trying to draw a pattern to figure out what the thing's crap is. Don't have anything else to buy at present otherwise I would just buy another SV and swop it to see if the problem goes away.
 
That is from Shelly directly - can't get more direct. My product manager has assured me it will be shipping in a few days.

Edit: my guess is some of the newer products are having trouble with demand.

Also Hungary just had a two week holiday.
2 week holiday??? Right I know where I'm moving to...
 
You can possibly create a binary sensor and ping it.

YAML:
  - platform: command_line
    command: 'ping -c 1 192.168.x.x | grep "1 packets received" | wc -l'
    name: Gate Sensor Online
    device_class: connectivity
    payload_on: 1
    payload_off: 0

Yeah had similar ideas but seems a bit heavy handed and also using the already implemented MQTT should be lightweight.
 
Yeah had similar ideas but seems a bit heavy handed and also using the already implemented MQTT should be lightweight.
True that. You should then be able to use the payload_available for the status.

YAML:
switch:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "Sonoff Basic1"
    state_topic: "stat/sonoff/POWER"
    command_topic: "cmnd/sonoff/POWER"
    availability_topic: "tele/sonoff/LWT"
    qos: 1
    payload_on: "ON"
    payload_off: "OFF"
    payload_available: "Online"
    payload_not_available: "Offline"
    retain: false
 
True that. You should then be able to use the payload_available for the status.

YAML:
switch:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "Sonoff Basic1"
    state_topic: "stat/sonoff/POWER"
    command_topic: "cmnd/sonoff/POWER"
    availability_topic: "tele/sonoff/LWT"
    qos: 1
    payload_on: "ON"
    payload_off: "OFF"
    payload_available: "Online"
    payload_not_available: "Offline"
    retain: false

Yeah I've made a quick automation to just send a notification to iOS if the state changes from anything to unavailable.

Let's see how it goes.

Here I thought my DuckDNS and Letsencrypt setup was broken, meanwhile Fail2Ban actually did it's jobbed and nuked my office IP address for some reason.
 
I just ping my living room TV every 30 seconds so as to not turn off those lights while I'm watching TV. You could do the same with a sonoff and should the binary sensor change from On to Off then shoot you a notification.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X