Home Automation - Smartkit

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The bulbs yes, but not the whole Hue ecosystem. Especially with 3rd party configuration apps and home assistant added to the mix.
It’s exactly the Eco system and the requirement for a hub that makes it a little irritating.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The bulbs yes, but not the whole Hue ecosystem. Especially with 3rd party configuration apps and home assistant added to the mix.
It’s exactly the Eco system and the requirement for a hub that makes it a little irritating.

Sensorei

Expert Member
No, not if your whole house is using Hue compliant lights within range of each other.

The compliant bulbs have built in zigbee radios, so the lights communicate with each other to extend your range, without the need for another hub.

The hub is just your zigbee to wifi translator which also enables you access your lights remotely via the cloud and to stores routines and scenes.

Last edited:

xrapidx

Honorary Master
My plan with my downlights are the Shelley's - I have two outside sets which I'd like automated - but both are on two way switches.

SukkaFoo

Either the Shelley or sonoff basics.

The light used transformers which I removed so it does have a neutral wire
I have a couple of hue bulbs as well as a few IKEA tradfri GU10's. The IKEA ones are ZigBee compatible and work as expected. Ideally I'd really like a nice wall switch for the wife acceptance factor. I think I've got neutrals in most places. Sadly the wall switch options still seem to be a bit of a hack. Unless anyone knows of a better idea...?

Sensorei

Expert Member
I have a couple of hue bulbs as well as a few IKEA tradfri GU10's. The IKEA ones are ZigBee compatible and work as expected. Ideally I'd really like a nice wall switch for the wife acceptance factor. I think I've got neutrals in most places. Sadly the wall switch options still seem to be a bit of a hack. Unless anyone knows of a better idea...?
The hue dimmer is highly customisable. One dimmer to cycle through scenes for 2 separate groups of lights and to toggle them on or off, and dim them.

Otherwise you can use other Hue compatible dimmers/switches from other brands like GE, Quotra, Niko that require no wiring.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Didn’t Hue just partner with someone for a new switch solution?

ipodmusicman

I’m using Qwikswitch. You install dimmer relays in line with a group of lights in a room and install a 2 or 4 button battery powered switch plate in place of the regular switch and link the buttons to the applicable relay. Works very well. Wife accepted as there are physical buttons to press.

In order to make it work with HA you need to get the USB Hub which you’ll need to contact them directly for as they don’t have it on their website. Install the QS add-on ( search Github) configure the relays in the add-on config and configure Qwikswitch in the configuration.yaml file and voila.

I have a couple of lights currently and converting more as funds become available. Got 3 dimmer relay starter packs for R599 instead of R850 each at Brights.

Sparkz0629

Expert Member

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I use it. have it run twice a day, and seems to be up to date.
It does take a while to run and update though.

Are you calling the service with no "body" right?
Yeh - configuration is literally a copy and paste
speedtestdotnet:
scan_interval:
minutes: 30
monitored_conditions:
- ping
- download
- upload

Sparkz0629

Expert Member
Yeh - configuration is literally a copy and paste
speedtestdotnet:
scan_interval:
minutes: 30
monitored_conditions:
- ping
- download
- upload
Ah. I had the same issue actually. You need to specify a server_id.
Whats happening is its unable to find a server in time, and times out.

You can check here: Server Lists

I use server_id of 6591.

and your config doesn't need the "monitored_conditions" if you use all 3.
If you only care about one or two, then use that, otherwise just leave it out and it will include all 3 for you.

My config looks like this:

speedtestdotnet:
server_id: 6591
scan_interval:
hours: 12

alqassam

Expert Member
The Shelley pow version is capable upto 3500, this should then be fine as a geyser timer?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Ah. I had the same issue actually. You need to specify a server_id.
Whats happening is its unable to find a server in time, and times out.

You can check here: Server Lists

I use server_id of 6591.

and your config doesn't need the "monitored_conditions" if you use all 3.
If you only care about one or two, then use that, otherwise just leave it out and it will include all 3 for you.

My config looks like this:

speedtestdotnet:
server_id: 6591
scan_interval:
hours: 12
Thought it might be that - was too lazy to try - set it to AT&T in the US... and its working. Thanks.
Speed Test.PNG

R4m80

@phaktza It's my birthday, any discount coupons available . On a more serious note, looking for a TH10/16. Any idea when you will receive stock?