South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
I'd also vote for this!You guys should consider selling "pre-flashed" devices at a slight markup...
If one flashes with tasmota is a internet connection necessary.I'd also vote for this!
I never realised that Sonoff devices rely on their server to get commands and the fact they get overloaded/go down relatively regularly.
What's going to happen when they go end of life, the server address may get mothballed?
With tasmota and mqtt you can have everything work without internet except of course for control from outside the house. The sonoffs themselves only connect to your mqtt server.If one flashes with tasmota is a internet connection necessary.
Would it work directly to your wifi router.
Thanks. I will use a raspberry pi and the sonoff as a test.With tasmota and mqtt you can have everything work without internet except of course for control from outside the house. The sonoffs themselves only connect to your mqtt server.
Looks like you still need a neutral.You could put the sonoff in the light. I have done that with a fluorescent fitting.Will my working work as is or will I need to pull through the neutral to the light?
Which sonoff switch work in our standard wall boxes
The 120mm x 70mm?![]()
Ideally I want to use the touch switches so going to see how to pans out.Looks like you still need a neutral.You could put the sonoff in the light. I have done that with a fluorescent fitting.
Ewelink POS kicked off my pool pump again after the last outage - wanted to see power consumption for the month and its offline again.
Pushed me to flash custom firmware to everything - now up and running in homeassistant (still need to do the pump schedule, but its at least running custom firmware)
Yeah, we mentioned that a bit earlier in this thread. Seems counter intuitive though...Was actually quite easy - the longest part was getting the POW to update its firmware with ewelink - apparenlty it was required (after a bit of googling) to do the OTA update.
Missed it... Would have saved me a few minutes. Probably only going to install the pool one once I get round to ordering a controller for the pool light. Don't feel like opening the box twice.Yeah, we mentioned that a bit earlier in this thread. Seems counter intuitive though...