Home Automation - Smartkit

I was just gonna use my old iPad. It can't do much else nowadays
 
You guys should consider selling "pre-flashed" devices at a slight markup...
I'd also vote for this!

I never realised that Sonoff devices rely on their server to get commands and the fact they get overloaded/go down relatively regularly.

What's going to happen when they go end of life, the server address may get mothballed?
 
I'd also vote for this!

I never realised that Sonoff devices rely on their server to get commands and the fact they get overloaded/go down relatively regularly.

What's going to happen when they go end of life, the server address may get mothballed?
If one flashes with tasmota is a internet connection necessary.
Would it work directly to your wifi router.
 
If one flashes with tasmota is a internet connection necessary.
Would it work directly to your wifi router.
With tasmota and mqtt you can have everything work without internet except of course for control from outside the house. The sonoffs themselves only connect to your mqtt server.
 
With tasmota and mqtt you can have everything work without internet except of course for control from outside the house. The sonoffs themselves only connect to your mqtt server.
Thanks. I will use a raspberry pi and the sonoff as a test.
 
Will my working work as is or will I need to pull through the neutral to the light?

Which sonoff switch work in our standard wall boxes

The 120mm x 70mm?
6738d6f0b8cfd219bf73ada4592b6647.jpg
 
Will my working work as is or will I need to pull through the neutral to the light?

Which sonoff switch work in our standard wall boxes

The 120mm x 70mm?
6738d6f0b8cfd219bf73ada4592b6647.jpg
Looks like you still need a neutral.You could put the sonoff in the light. I have done that with a fluorescent fitting.
 
Looks like you still need a neutral.You could put the sonoff in the light. I have done that with a fluorescent fitting.
Ideally I want to use the touch switches so going to see how to pans out.

Renovating the house so might do drop ceilings and accommodate the sonoff in there if need be.

I hate this concrete roof.
 
Anyone here using a Google Home Mini?

Guy at work got one and says eWeLink isn't the store and he can't use Sonoff here. He showed me and looks fairly limited.

Is it a region thing?
How are you guys getting Google to work with Sonoff ?
 
Yip... was working fine with the Sonoff stuff, I'll see if its still there when I get home (I don't actively use it with Sonoff). If its gone, they must have removed it.
 
Thanks.

Under eWeLink?

That was one of the things he was looking forward to
 
Ah you're a star! Thanks

Wonder why they changed it for Home! eWeLink on the Dot
 
I remember having to google it last time because I couldn't find it under ewelink :p
 
Had the same issue when I initially got mine.. couldn't find the damn integration, but a quick Google solved that problem.
 
Ewelink POS kicked off my pool pump again after the last outage - wanted to see power consumption for the month and its offline again.

Pushed me to flash custom firmware to everything - now up and running in homeassistant (still need to do the pump schedule, but its at least running custom firmware)
 
Ewelink POS kicked off my pool pump again after the last outage - wanted to see power consumption for the month and its offline again.

Pushed me to flash custom firmware to everything - now up and running in homeassistant (still need to do the pump schedule, but its at least running custom firmware)

You going to ask yourself why you havent done it earlier!

Good job getting it done at last.
 
Was actually quite easy - the longest part was getting the POW to update its firmware with ewelink - apparenlty it was required (after a bit of googling) to do the OTA update.
 
Was actually quite easy - the longest part was getting the POW to update its firmware with ewelink - apparenlty it was required (after a bit of googling) to do the OTA update.
Yeah, we mentioned that a bit earlier in this thread. Seems counter intuitive though...
 
Yeah, we mentioned that a bit earlier in this thread. Seems counter intuitive though...
Missed it... Would have saved me a few minutes. Probably only going to install the pool one once I get round to ordering a controller for the pool light. Don't feel like opening the box twice.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X