Home Automation - Smartkit

MattRoy

Is there a log to monitor that tracks everything? Guess I'll have to watch the docker log while I fiddle, but of course I never have these issues then.

Or are the debug nodes the only option?

Even though I should be studying for my Red Hat exam tomorrow I'm probably going to sit and fiddle with this.

I do see this...

Code:
6 Aug 20:05:16 - [error] [server-state-changed:Person] TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of null
    at ServerStateChangedNode.shouldHaltIfState (/data/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-llat/nodes/server-events-state-changed/server-events-state-changed.js:63:83)
    at ServerStateChangedNode.onHaEventsStateChanged (/data/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-llat/nodes/server-events-state-changed/server-events-state-changed.js:29:49)
    at emitOne (events.js:121:20)
    at HaEvents.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at HaEvents.onClientMessage (/data/node_modules/node-home-assistant-llat/lib/ha-events.js:65:22)
    at EventSource.client.on (/data/node_modules/node-home-assistant-llat/lib/ha-events.js:33:49)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at EventSource.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at _emit (/data/node_modules/eventsource/lib/eventsource.js:242:17)
    at parseEventStreamLine (/data/node_modules/eventsource/lib/eventsource.js:257:9)
I can see the State Change was yesterday morning at 09:37 when I left home. Then since then just magically nothing came in again.
I have experienced a few issues recently where Home Assistant automations are triggered but the trigger state is null, and I don't even use Node Red...

patrick123

Expert Member
With the konnected alarm panels, what woud the plan be should there be an intruder that triggers the alarm?
You would get a notification that it was triggered but no one would then go and respond.
Yes, you would get a notification, it is still up to you to have it connected to a response company, via a piggy back into your old alarm system, a trigger from the Konnected unit to the radio unit, or a fancy modem/GSM/internet link from your HA/OpenHab/etc.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I wonder if it is your HA palette that might be causing the issue?
This is the one that I'm using:
View attachment 695895
I'm using the llat one which is installed by default on the official Docket and seemed appropriate for use with Long Lived Access Token.

But yes if this continues maybe I'll flip to that one.

Okay seems that was last updated almost a year ago, whereas the others are updated often and as recent as 6 days ago.

Weird that it's the default then.

Now let's hope I can just flip between them without having to redo it all.

patrick123

Expert Member
I'm using the llat one which is installed by default on the official Docket and seemed appropriate for use with Long Lived Access Token.

But yes if this continues maybe I'll flip to that one.

Okay seems that was last updated almost a year ago, whereas the others are updated often and as recent as 6 days ago.

Weird that it's the default then.

Now let's hope I can just flip between them without having to redo it all.
This is the Node-Red docker image that I'm using.
https://hub.docker.com/r/nodered/node-red-docker/

And my command, exposing the data section:
Bash:
docker run -d \
-p 1880:1880 \
--restart on-failure \
-e TZ=Africa/Johannesburg \
-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
-v /home/shared/docker/node-red-data:/data \
--name mynodered \
nodered/node-red-docker

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
This is the Node-Red docker image that I'm using.
https://hub.docker.com/r/nodered/node-red-docker/

And my command, exposing the data section:
Bash:
docker run -d \
-p 1880:1880 \
--restart on-failure \
-e TZ=Africa/Johannesburg \
-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
-v /home/shared/docker/node-red-data:/data \
--name mynodered \
nodered/node-red-docker
Same one I’m using, and luckily Unraid exposes the data folders as well.

Flipped to the other palette before I left work with some pain and trauma but the automation worked when I got home so let’s wait and see.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
And finally, it makes sense to me why I never saw the "services" summary at the bottom of every Node, because this palette was obviously garbage.

So hopefully I'll like Node Red a lot more if it keeps going like this.

patrick123

Expert Member
Just a few more pics of the Konnected system.

The Old Alarm Panel:
20190803_122719.jpg

Battery Removed and the Main Konnected Board connected, not mounted yet and wires still need to be tidied up.
20190805_164337.jpg

The Add-on Board mounted in the front of the house in the 12V enclosure for my cameras. Currently, it has the sensor for the electric fence connected to input 6 and the little piezo buzzer connected to the Out terminal. There are 2 spare wires which I will be connecting a 3.3v relay to which will connect to the on/off of the electric fence.
20190810_120057.jpg

The HA page containing the Alarm entities:
AlarmPanel3.PNG

patrick123

Expert Member
That’s a whole lot of sirens.
2 main sirens, then a small noise maker if there's an issue by the pool.
A buzzer if the front gates get opened, and the buzzer that came with the Konnected system, still need to get a purpose for it, and finally, not shown here, an ultrasonic unit to shut the neighbours' dogs up. :cool:
One of the Main Sirens, Noise Control, is also applied judiciously, when the neighbour's music get a bit too loud. :p

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
2 main sirens, then a small noise maker if there's an issue by the pool.
A buzzer if the front gates get opened, and the buzzer that came with the Konnected system, still need to get a purpose for it, and finally, not shown here, an ultrasonic unit to shut the neighbours' dogs up. :cool:
One of the Main Sirens, Noise Control, is also applied judiciously, when the neighbour's music get a bit too loud. :p
He he, I also have one of those for the neighbours dog and I'm shocked that it actually works.

I remember it's there every time it goes flat and isnt' working.

In my case the buzzer is just in the keypad with one siren otherwise.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Also, it seems the palette change for Node Red made all the difference.

Using HA's built-in person presence detection system is a **** up though so I've settled on still making use of input booleans purely because their status is saved when the system is rebooted.

Having my gates and stuff randomly open every time HA reboots to update and then randomly deciding to update the person home status is just not on.

Silly that it doesn't retain that status, but it is what it is.

patrick123

Expert Member
Yep, using input booleans seems the surest way to go.
At some stage I want to dabble with the Bayesian sensor and see how that pans out for presence control.

patrick123

Expert Member
Bought another TV the weekend, my old one was flaky to switch on, got a Hisense 58a6100uw from Makro.

To my surprise, it has it's own MQTT broker on port 36669 set it up as a bridge in my mosquitto.conf file, and am now able to access it.
Have not done the complete config yet, just the proof of concept. Following this.
Will keep you updated.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Someone recommended a local source for HikVision camera's in this thread a few months back - but I can't find it - anyone know where it was?

Goobie

Expert Member
Someone recommended a local source for HikVision camera's in this thread a few months back - but I can't find it - anyone know where it was?
I've ordered from Geewiz.co.za and was happy with service and price

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I've ordered from Geewiz.co.za and was happy with service and price
Wasn't them - was specifically for Hikvision camera's.

Not sure if I'm being dof - but could have sworn there was functionality to search specific threads.