Home Automation - Smartkit

ebendl

Expert Member
2 main sirens, then a small noise maker if there's an issue by the pool.
A buzzer if the front gates get opened, and the buzzer that came with the Konnected system, still need to get a purpose for it, and finally, not shown here, an ultrasonic unit to shut the neighbours' dogs up. :cool:
One of the Main Sirens, Noise Control, is also applied judiciously, when the neighbour's music get a bit too loud. :p
Where did you get the ultrasonic unit? And is it "automated" by your system, i.e. when it detects barking it activates?

patrick123

Expert Member
Where did you get the ultrasonic unit? And is it "automated" by your system, i.e. when it detects barking it activates?
I got my unit from Amazon, the speaker I have in a 30cm long pvc tube for directional purposes.
I did not bother automating it, once switched on, it will switch off automatically via HA after 15 minutes.
The little yapper behind me is basically non-existent nowadays. The dog across the road tends to forget about it now and again, but usually shuts up quite quickly.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So this came with the iFan03 and appears to simply be a 433MHz remote.

My question is would this still work if it’s flashed with Tasmota?

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
So this came with the iFan03 and appears to simply be a 433MHz remote.

My question is would this still work if it’s flashed with Tasmota?
Doesn't alter the 433Mhz receiver. It's only a matter of whether Tasmota supports the iFan03 properly?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Doesn't alter the 433Mhz receiver. It's only a matter of whether Tasmota supports the iFan03 properly?
Yeah that was my suspicion that it’s all purely at hardware level.

Guess I’ll find out soon enough. Nobody seems to mention the iFan3 anywhere.

Maybe it’s just an iFan2 with packaged remote?

SukkaFoo

Expert Member
I know every couple of months this comes up, perhaps by me . I have around 60 downlights scattered around the house. I am looking at getting them automated, and as I am seeing it, I have a handful of options.

Zigbee GU10 bulbs, the Gledopto ones from aliexpress seem reasonably well rated, but at R200 per piece it’s a bit of cash to outlay. They are obviously dimmable, which is great, plus I get the added benefit of being able to control each bulb individually if I want. The negative is that I sort of lose wall switch control, or at least I would need to put in a zigbee button of sorts.

Alternatively I go the sonoff switch route, but then I lose the ability to dim.

Finally I go the sonoff basic or mini route, and again I lose dimming.

I have neutrals in all my switches.

Ideally I would have liked to go the switch route, but dimming is critical for me, are there any other switches you guys are using that I have missed?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So am I in dangerous territory here?

Have set the cutout to 14A just in case.

Bloody hell those push pins are hard to work with when using proper non flex electric wiring, while on a ladder.

Sucks that the POW R2 is just a bit too big to go inside the junction box.

Also impossible to get that cover on. But this will only be temporary to get some stats out for a month or so.

What format should the kwh cost be entered? I have it as “278,46” right now.

Last edited:

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep

Bloody hell those push pins are hard to work with when using proper non flex electric wiring, while on a ladder.

Also impossible to get that cover on. But this will only be temporary to get some stats out for a month or so.

Nah, you're good to 15A.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Wait so the EWeLink app only has real time stats? No per day or week or month or whatever?

Or must it just build up enough of it over time so I can see it?

MEIOT

Expert Member

Nope - all good - been running mine for over a year. Max Amperage and wattage I've noted is very similar to yours

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
On the POW? It has stats for 3 months.
Oh, I see it's under a silly separate window called Historical Data and not under Statistics where you would expect to find it.

Silly Chinese.

Would the fact that the POW only switches on with the Geyserwise (and therefore off the rest of the time) make crap with this? My logic says no as it should start recording the moment it goes online even while waiting for WiFi.

Still, Tasmota will be much better for just writing it to a proper DB en klaar.

Anyone running a POW R2 with Tasmota and HA? What kind of code to I need? Seems a bit sparse online.

patrick123

Expert Member
Oh, I see it's under a silly separate window called Historical Data and not under Statistics where you would expect to find it.

Silly Chinese.

Would the fact that the POW only switches on with the Geyserwise (and therefore off the rest of the time) make crap with this? My logic says no as it should start recording the moment it goes online even while waiting for WiFi.

Still, Tasmota will be much better for just writing it to a proper DB en klaar.

Anyone running a POW R2 with Tasmota and HA? What kind of code to I need? Seems a bit sparse online.
Not me, but it looks like you would need to re-calibrate the unit.
You would most probably have to do the sums in HA as well: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/integration/