Home Automation - Smartkit

Thor

Honorary Master
What’s there to wire?

Red and black go in, red and black go out.

It’s pretty straight forward. No different to fitting a plug really.

This is a 250L.
I hope my geyser looks like this.da76fa71-4691-4cd0-9bdd-267613864090.jpg

Thor

Honorary Master
How does these wire clamps work?

I connot for the life of me get the wire to stay

Chris_SA

Expert Member
Can you send me picture of your wiring.

I have the same sonoff it's just lying next to my geyser... I'm to scared.

What liter do you have?
I've had 2 R2's on my geysers for over a year... No problems...

Thor

Honorary Master
Booooooooooom!!!

**** people. I will now buy one for every single appliance in this house.

Fridge is next. This is fantastic.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Getting some samples in a week or so - let me know if you want one.

Thing is I'm not sure how well it will sell with the EU shape? Might have to wait for a US one.
What you charging for them? Might also be Keen to try one

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
So I know I asked this to Dolby privately, but maybe get more opinions around this. I'm thinking of getting the Samsung Security Hub, with window and door sensors for my home security. Well not necessarily to replace my existing alarm. Just certain parts I want to put them. Would the Sonoff sensors and PIR work as an addon to this, ie can I expand the system with those?

Not sure how many people have these smart security hubs

alqassam

Expert Member
So I know I asked this to Dolby privately, but maybe get more opinions around this. I'm thinking of getting the Samsung Security Hub, with window and door sensors for my home security. Well not necessarily to replace my existing alarm. Just certain parts I want to put them. Would the Sonoff sensors and PIR work as an addon to this, ie can I expand the system with those?

The things about smart things is it is z wave and ZigBee compatible. Do you take those devices off you network

riscbroker

Expert Member

Doesn't seem to be much compatibility, if any, between Samsung Security Hub and Sonoff kit.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Doesn't seem to be much compatibility, if any, between Samsung Security Hub and Sonoff kit.
Damn it.. that means I would most likely have to expand with their own products, which would probably cost more than the actual product lo

Was hoping to integrate this with Google Home, instead of having different apps. I already have ewelink, Home. But was hoping I could just add the Samsung hub on the Home app.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Sonoff does door/window sensors, what other functionality do you want from the Samsung hub?
I just need to know, if the hub will allow for other branded sensors. The Sonoff sensors and PIrs are cost effective, so if it works, then great. But then I would like to control that via the Google home app to arm and disarm etc

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Damn it.. that means I would most likely have to expand with their own products, which would probably cost more than the actual product lo

Was hoping to integrate this with Google Home, instead of having different apps. I already have ewelink, Home. But was hoping I could just add the Samsung hub on the Home app.
Does Wyze Cam integrate with Google Home?

Thor

Honorary Master
Is there a sonoff device that I can plug my fridge into that also logs the power usage.

That to me is very powerful.

But I don’t want to hook a POW R2 into the fridge, I’m hoping there is some sort of a plug that I can plug into the wall and plug the fridge into that.

I’m looking for the power monitoring feature here.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Does Wyze Cam integrate with Google Home?
I'm not sure... These are all things I'm Keen to know. Like I said, the main thing for me would be to control everything via Google Home, rather than individual apps.

riscbroker

Expert Member
I have 4 x Sonoff PIR's running through the Sonoff bridge, with a Basic switch on the bridge, controlled by eWeLink app or Google Home.