Home Automation - Smartkit

Sparkz0629

Expert Member
You should have received a notification on HA which once opened, would be a captcha puzzle for you to enter to complete the verification.

Maybe post your log here.
So finally managed to take a look again.
Got the captcha puzzle, authenticated and now i have the echo dot media player entities.

When i ask Alexa to switch anything on, it just says it cannot find that device :(

So right now i can control Alexa using HA, but can't control HA using Alexa :(

Last edited:

patrick123

Expert Member
So finally managed to take a look again.
Got the captcha puzzle, authenticated and now i have the echo dot media player entities.

When i ask Alexa to switch anything on, it just says it cannot find that device :(

So right now i can control Alexa using HA, but can't control HA using Alexa :(
You need to get Alexa to search for your devices.

johnjm

Expert Member
Recently got a POW R2 with plans to wire it up to my aircons in the DB.

Any advice? Now worried about power limit, max is 3000w that they consume.

My issue more so is the connections on the device are smaller than the gauge in the DB. Or should I connect it to the outside power box that the aircons connect to?

ebendl

Expert Member
Will this work for my Midea aircon?

Way cheaper than a sensibo?

Might work? Double check that your aircon is using IR in the remote. Then you would probably be able to teach it IR commands.

Alternatively look at Broadlink - plenty of devices on Takealot.

ebendl

Expert Member
Anybody seen below Connex wifi plugs at HiFi corp and Incredible Corp? :

Interesting. Not expensive and they have a ton of other devices too - including Bayonetta multi colored bulbs.

Wonder how hackable these devices are?

Edit: they might be Tuya based: https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/tuya-and-smd-technologies-collaborate-to-power-smart-home-products-on-the-connex-connect-app-810449569.html

adielk

Expert Member
Might work? Double check that your aircon is using IR in the remote. Then you would probably be able to teach it IR commands.

Using xiaomi phones mi remote, so def infrared.

Thanks

phaktza

Executive Member

They are Tuya based. We're looking at a brand for next year.

phaktza

Executive Member

adielk

Expert Member
You don't stock connex?

Want to build my smart devices around Google Assistant as the samsung smart things not supporting SA. US vs UK/EU zwave/zigbee also confusing to me.

phaktza

Executive Member
You don't stock connex?

Want to build my smart devices around Google Assistant as the samsung smart things not supporting SA. US vs UK/EU zwave/zigbee also confusing to me.
We would prefer control over our own (branded) product line. We're at the mercy of SMD technologies (and their set pricing model) if we merely retail Connex. These products are easily available at Incredible Connection, if anyone wants them.

Last edited:

patrick123

Expert Member
Last edited:

piranha786

Expert Member
I’m strugglng to pair my garage opener.

I have a couple of switches that works with my Iphone, but I suspect that the ewelink app updates made it difficult (or impossible) to get it to work.

Any help?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I’m strugglng to pair my garage opener.
Because it's using rolling codes which the Sonoff doesn't support.

Oh wait this is a different thing that goes in line with a physical button. Clever.

Then I can only think that you are maybe running into the typical 5ghz and 2.4ghz on the same SSID issue maybe.

Does it show up at all?

piranha786

Expert Member
Because it's using rolling codes which the Sonoff doesn't support.

Oh wait this is a different thing that goes in line with a physical button. Clever.

Then I can only think that you are maybe running into the typical 5ghz and 2.4ghz on the same SSID issue maybe.

Does it show up at all?
Strangely after the post here, I installed the app on my ipad. Guess its a older version, so it worked ! Its a cool device, now I must just install it on my door.

I suspect it had something to do with the 5ghz issue.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Strangely after the post here, I installed the app on my ipad. Guess its a older version, so it worked ! Its a cool device, now I must just install it on my door.

I suspect it had something to do with the 5ghz issue.
Had similar with the Sonoff app the brief moments I tested it before going Tasmota.

Didn’t work on the just release ios13 phone, but was fine on the older iPad.