Home Automation - Smartkit

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
I wouldnt mind doing my switches, but my house is too complicated, not a single single wall switch... All are two - three two way switches with dimmers.
so 2 way switches are easy and you get dimmable options also - but yes i get not as simple. as a side note you can make 2 way switches without physical wiring with sonoff switches using scenes.

Tander

Executive Member
I wouldnt mind doing my switches, but my house is too complicated, not a single single wall switch... All are two - three two way switches with dimmers.
Got the same problem as you. Most my switch panels have 3 / 4 buttons.

alqassam

Expert Member
My Shelly 1pm controlling my pool pump has been behaving erratically.

Its switching on at random times and not when scheduled.

Anyone know what the issue is?

feo

Honorary Master

Mind sharing how you wired it up?

I have a very old DB board looking thing next to my pool pump and don't have a clue where to even start hooking up a Shelly to it.

alqassam

Expert Member
Mind sharing how you wired it up?

I have a very old DB board looking thing next to my pool pump and don't have a clue where to even start hooking up a Shelly to it.
With the power module Version you can use a switch as well.

I can't actually remember how I did it but wasn't too complicated.

Neutral
Power to the Shelly
Power out to pump and another power from the switch to the SW.input on the shelly

blueowl

Quite possible that it loses time/date after load shedding and then doesn't connect to the wireless/internet to get the current time....

feo

Honorary Master
Where can we get Shelly stuff locally?

Played with the 2.5 a bit yesterday and it’s quite slick and it’s got MQTT out the box.

feo

Honorary Master
Quite possible that it loses time/date after load shedding and then doesn't connect to the wireless/internet to get the current time....
I like setting my router to be the NTP server for the rest of my components in the house. It’ll go out to the internet and get time from one of our local ZA servers and then, in turn, serve accurate time to LAN clients.

feo

Honorary Master
Everyone asks :-(

They still haven't got their act together. Maybe we should start bringing in small unofficial shipments under the radar.
I remember when I got a few samples from you, that was like what, a year ago?

I think you gotta do something, just bring in the popular stuff, the 1 and 2.5 relays and maybe the RGBW controller.

What and where exactly is the delay?

Tander

Executive Member
So, I have just about finished making my garage "smart" :cool:

Here's the automations done to the garage:

- Opening the back door:

Turns the lights on only if: Both roller doors are shut. Or if they are both open and the sun has set, light goes on.

- Opening the roller doors: (Left or right door):

Turns the lights on, only if the sun has set. Turns the light off, only if all doors to the garage has been closed and 30 seconds has passed since the last door closed.

And finally, when the house detects my wife's car or my car is leaving; it will open door for the car. So in my case, it will open the right door and in my wife's case, it will open the left door.

So in the morning for example, I open the back door to garage, light goes on, close the door and then get into the car, start the car and the garage door opens. Once the car has left, the door will close on its own too.

Then when I arrive home, the door will start opening as I get to my gate and by the time I get to the garage, it has opened fully. Park, get out and leave. Door closes after a minute.:D
Pretty happy with the overall setup - might need slight fine tuning as we use it more and discover any flaws in the system.

xrapidx

Honorary Master

My Shelly's do this an hour or two after power returns... They all turn on, it's a bit weird

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
I remember when I got a few samples from you, that was like what, a year ago?

I think you gotta do something, just bring in the popular stuff, the 1 and 2.5 relays and maybe the RGBW controller.

What and where exactly is the delay?
Allterco simply cannot give us the test results for their CE certification.

Both the NRCS and ICASA both have strict requirements for LoA and TA.

Unfortunately this prevents us bringing in large shipments as they could be seized and confiscated.

feo

Honorary Master
Allterco simply cannot give us the test results for their CE certification.

Both the NRCS and ICASA both have strict requirements for LoA and TA.

Unfortunately this prevents us bringing in large shipments as they could be seized and confiscated.
But then how are they sold across the EU and US?

Surely they’re compliant for those markets.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
But then how are they sold across the EU and US?

Surely they’re compliant for those markets.
They are sold in the US, EU, China and Australia. It doesn't make them legal here.

If you want to sell here (and comply with your CoC and insurance) then you need ICASA and NRCS approval. How else are they going to get their share of the pie?

You need to redo the process for Zimbabwe, Zambia and Namibia.

The process can take a few weeks to a year. If you don't do it your goods could be confiscated.

And before anyone asks why:

xrapidx

Honorary Master
anyone know how to get the loadshedding schedules programatically for Eskom customers?