Home Automation - Smartkit

With lockdown no idea when it will be delivered.

I order most is these kinds of things but in the current situation.

Fair enough then.

Was more of a general commentary.

Likely have the same problem even locally at present.
 
Is Banggood even shipping to SA currently?

All the items in my cart say "This warehouse can not ship to your location." and I can't find anything on the site that will ship here. Not sure if it's an issue with my account only.

Aliexpress is shipping some items here but the shipping cost is insane.
 
Last edited:
Is Banggood even shipping to SA currently?

All the items in my cart say "This warehouse can not ship to your location." and I can't find anything on the site that will ship here. Not sure if it's an issue with my account only.

Aliexpress is shipping some items here but the shipping cost is insane.

I have two banggood orders in progress. One at the courier in China, one at the courier in Pretoria, since before lockdown.

Using them as bellwethers to see if stuff starts moving again.
 
What's the easiest solution for getting a contact sensor on my outside gate that can send the state to Home Assistant so that I know it's open/closed?

I saw some links about using the GPIO pins on a basic which I can then effectively turn into a sensor for open/close.

Anyone done this?
 
What's the easiest solution for getting a contact sensor on my outside gate that can send the state to Home Assistant so that I know it's open/closed?

I saw some links about using the GPIO pins on a basic which I can then effectively turn into a sensor for open/close.

Anyone done this?
Or I could use Wyze contact sensors - but I've never worked with them so not sure how to get them into HA. Currently have wifi smart devices on my HA.
 
What's the easiest solution for getting a contact sensor on my outside gate that can send the state to Home Assistant so that I know it's open/closed?

I saw some links about using the GPIO pins on a basic which I can then effectively turn into a sensor for open/close.

Anyone done this?

i have an sv on mine with a door magnet, i can tell if the gate is closed or not and trigger it.
 
What's the easiest solution for getting a contact sensor on my outside gate that can send the state to Home Assistant so that I know it's open/closed?

I saw some links about using the GPIO pins on a basic which I can then effectively turn into a sensor for open/close.

Anyone done this?
Yes, I have done this, don't forget to include a filter for ghost switching. I use the same one for the gate light, driveway gate sensor, as well as the small gate sensor.

1588596764577.png
 
Or I could use Wyze contact sensors - but I've never worked with them so not sure how to get them into HA. Currently have wifi smart devices on my HA.
Can you use these without the wyze cam?
 
i have an sv on mine with a door magnet, i can tell if the gate is closed or not and trigger it.
Yes, I have done this, don't forget to include a filter for ghost switching. I use the same one for the gate light, driveway gate sensor, as well as the small gate sensor.

View attachment 834276
So if I understand it then the Sonoff becomes 2 devices in one, the sensor and the actual relay switch. These two are then independent of each other?
 
So if I understand it then the Sonoff becomes 2 devices in one, the sensor and the actual relay switch. These two are then independent of each other?

so they will use different mqqt topic, one for the sensor and one for the relay.
 
So if I understand it then the Sonoff becomes 2 devices in one, the sensor and the actual relay switch. These two are then independent of each other?
That is correct, they all work independently of one another, and as @Steamy Tom says, they each have their own MQTT topic.
 
Ive used the Wyze sensors, they can be used without the cam but you do the need receiver.
Used this video to set it up:
If I need contact sensors would you suggest these or go the route of attaching a normal contact sensor to a basic via GPIO pins?
 
Tomorrow they're installing the electric fence - any specific Tasmota settings I should have on the SV?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X