SauRoNZA
Honorary Master
With lockdown no idea when it will be delivered.
I order most is these kinds of things but in the current situation.
Fair enough then.
Was more of a general commentary.
Likely have the same problem even locally at present.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
With lockdown no idea when it will be delivered.
I order most is these kinds of things but in the current situation.
True and will like cost about R4 to R500 hereFair enough then.
Was more of a general commentary.
Likely have the same problem even locally at present.
Nice, very neat job!If it makes you feel better, I spent the entire day yesterday installing flood lights
Is Banggood even shipping to SA currently?
All the items in my cart say "This warehouse can not ship to your location." and I can't find anything on the site that will ship here. Not sure if it's an issue with my account only.
Aliexpress is shipping some items here but the shipping cost is insane.
Also anxiously waiting... I think we'll know once they get hold of their warehouses on MondayIs Smartkit able to deliver equipment as yet?
Made submissions to Parcel Ninja. They're basically holding my stock hostage.Is Smartkit able to deliver equipment as yet?
Or I could use Wyze contact sensors - but I've never worked with them so not sure how to get them into HA. Currently have wifi smart devices on my HA.What's the easiest solution for getting a contact sensor on my outside gate that can send the state to Home Assistant so that I know it's open/closed?
I saw some links about using the GPIO pins on a basic which I can then effectively turn into a sensor for open/close.
Anyone done this?
What's the easiest solution for getting a contact sensor on my outside gate that can send the state to Home Assistant so that I know it's open/closed?
I saw some links about using the GPIO pins on a basic which I can then effectively turn into a sensor for open/close.
Anyone done this?
Yes, I have done this, don't forget to include a filter for ghost switching. I use the same one for the gate light, driveway gate sensor, as well as the small gate sensor.What's the easiest solution for getting a contact sensor on my outside gate that can send the state to Home Assistant so that I know it's open/closed?
I saw some links about using the GPIO pins on a basic which I can then effectively turn into a sensor for open/close.
Anyone done this?

Can you use these without the wyze cam?Or I could use Wyze contact sensors - but I've never worked with them so not sure how to get them into HA. Currently have wifi smart devices on my HA.
Found one at ACDC cost R280, as I said 4x more expensive.Fair enough then.
Was more of a general commentary.
Likely have the same problem even locally at present.
i have an sv on mine with a door magnet, i can tell if the gate is closed or not and trigger it.
So if I understand it then the Sonoff becomes 2 devices in one, the sensor and the actual relay switch. These two are then independent of each other?Yes, I have done this, don't forget to include a filter for ghost switching. I use the same one for the gate light, driveway gate sensor, as well as the small gate sensor.
View attachment 834276
So if I understand it then the Sonoff becomes 2 devices in one, the sensor and the actual relay switch. These two are then independent of each other?
That is correct, they all work independently of one another, and as @Steamy Tom says, they each have their own MQTT topic.So if I understand it then the Sonoff becomes 2 devices in one, the sensor and the actual relay switch. These two are then independent of each other?
Ive used the Wyze sensors, they can be used without the cam but you do the need receiver.Can you use these without the wyze cam?
If I need contact sensors would you suggest these or go the route of attaching a normal contact sensor to a basic via GPIO pins?Ive used the Wyze sensors, they can be used without the cam but you do the need receiver.
Used this video to set it up: