Home Automation - Smartkit

If I need contact sensors would you suggest these or go the route of attaching a normal contact sensor to a basic via GPIO pins?
These would be much easier to install, but they not weatherproof, and batteries would need to be replaced over time.
 
View attachment 828191
The radio alarm, you will use as the sensor if the "garage door" is open or closed.
The on off switch as the trigger to open the "garage door", but with no pulse time, just on or off.
There is plenty info out there on connecting it for opening a garage door.

I was just looking at this again - what will be used to power the SV? The Siren/Light are outputs, but I'm assuming would only have power when there's a breach - the Gate S/W is an input.

Think I'm finally starting to understand this (or not)

So - when you make it a dry contact
1.) the power you then provide is basically to get the SV up and running, so can be anything from 5v to 24v, from any source that provides that (and old cellphone charger)
2.) the output is then just an open "circuit" that is closed when the SV triggers it - and opened again (pulse) - the power from 1.) above actually doesn't get sent to that circuit.
 
Last edited:
Tomorrow they're installing the electric fence - any specific Tasmota settings I should have on the SV?

i have these on a garage, should be the same in principle

Switchretain 1
Powerretain 1
PulseTime1 1
switchmode1 0
switchmode2 2
switchtopic2 "device_name_state"
 
i have these on a garage, should be the same in principle

Switchretain 1
Powerretain 1
PulseTime1 1
switchmode1 0
switchmode2 2
switchtopic2 "device_name_state"

So any of those commands stop the SV from cycling if it loses its wifi/internet connection?
 
So any of those commands stop the SV from cycling if it loses its wifi/internet connection?

the PowerRetain and SwitchRetain commands, but to be honest i have never really needed to test it (entire house is on direct backup), i should prob try it at some point i guess. I doubt wifi drop would cause an issue, if anything a power drop would, but then i would have seen something happen when i just plugged them in the first time (after setting them up)
 
the PowerRetain and SwitchRetain commands, but to be honest i have never really needed to test it (entire house is on direct backup), i should prob try it at some point i guess. I doubt wifi drop would cause an issue, if anything a power drop would, but then i would have seen something happen when i just plugged them in the first time (after setting them up)
Even if I hide the SSID and then put it back, it will cycle the relay for each change. From the console:

20:14:48 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/STATE = {"Time":"2020-05-04T20:14:48","Uptime":"13T09:25:17","UptimeSec":1157117,"Heap":26,"SleepMode":"Dynamic","Sleep":50,"LoadAvg":19,"MqttCount":27,"POWER":"OFF","Wifi":{"AP":2,"SSId":"Java","BSSId":"10:C3:7B:D0:04:98","Channel":10,"RSSI":88,"Signal":-56,"LinkCount":24,"Downtime":"0T00:05:25"}}
20:14:57 WIF: Connecting to AP2 Java in mode 11N as sonoffsv1-6979...
20:15:01 WIF: Connected
20:15:01 MQT: Attempting connection...
20:15:01 MQT: Connected
20:15:01 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/LWT = Online (retained)
20:15:01 MQT: cmnd/sonoffsv1/POWER =
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"ON"}
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = ON (retained)
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"OFF"}
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = OFF (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: Attempting connection...
20:15:28 MQT: Connected
20:15:28 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/LWT = Online (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: cmnd/sonoffsv1/POWER =
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"ON"}
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = ON (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"OFF"}
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = OFF (retained)
 
Even if I hide the SSID and then put it back, it will cycle the relay for each change. From the console:

20:14:48 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/STATE = {"Time":"2020-05-04T20:14:48","Uptime":"13T09:25:17","UptimeSec":1157117,"Heap":26,"SleepMode":"Dynamic","Sleep":50,"LoadAvg":19,"MqttCount":27,"POWER":"OFF","Wifi":{"AP":2,"SSId":"Java","BSSId":"10:C3:7B:D0:04:98","Channel":10,"RSSI":88,"Signal":-56,"LinkCount":24,"Downtime":"0T00:05:25"}}
20:14:57 WIF: Connecting to AP2 Java in mode 11N as sonoffsv1-6979...
20:15:01 WIF: Connected
20:15:01 MQT: Attempting connection...
20:15:01 MQT: Connected
20:15:01 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/LWT = Online (retained)
20:15:01 MQT: cmnd/sonoffsv1/POWER =
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"ON"}
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = ON (retained)
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"OFF"}
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = OFF (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: Attempting connection...
20:15:28 MQT: Connected
20:15:28 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/LWT = Online (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: cmnd/sonoffsv1/POWER =
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"ON"}
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = ON (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"OFF"}
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = OFF (retained)

I Will try this out, so you get ghost switching when this happens?
 
I Will try this out, so you get ghost switching when this happens?
Will I wouldn't call it ghost switching, but I do get a switch on every wifi change or disconnection/reconnection. Only the SV with the pulse does this. The other 20 or so standard Sonoffs don't do anything abnormal.
 
Will I wouldn't call it ghost switching, but I do get a switch on every wifi change or disconnection/reconnection. Only the SV with the pulse does this. The other 20 or so standard Sonoffs don't do anything abnormal.

Cool, I will play around tomorrow.
 
Even if I hide the SSID and then put it back, it will cycle the relay for each change. From the console:

20:14:48 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/STATE = {"Time":"2020-05-04T20:14:48","Uptime":"13T09:25:17","UptimeSec":1157117,"Heap":26,"SleepMode":"Dynamic","Sleep":50,"LoadAvg":19,"MqttCount":27,"POWER":"OFF","Wifi":{"AP":2,"SSId":"Java","BSSId":"10:C3:7B:D0:04:98","Channel":10,"RSSI":88,"Signal":-56,"LinkCount":24,"Downtime":"0T00:05:25"}}
20:14:57 WIF: Connecting to AP2 Java in mode 11N as sonoffsv1-6979...
20:15:01 WIF: Connected
20:15:01 MQT: Attempting connection...
20:15:01 MQT: Connected
20:15:01 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/LWT = Online (retained)
20:15:01 MQT: cmnd/sonoffsv1/POWER =
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"ON"}
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = ON (retained)
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"OFF"}
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = OFF (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: Attempting connection...
20:15:28 MQT: Connected
20:15:28 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/LWT = Online (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: cmnd/sonoffsv1/POWER =
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"ON"}
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = ON (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"OFF"}
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = OFF (retained)

Have you tried my hack of setting up the fake relay?
 
Even if I hide the SSID and then put it back, it will cycle the relay for each change. From the console:

20:14:48 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/STATE = {"Time":"2020-05-04T20:14:48","Uptime":"13T09:25:17","UptimeSec":1157117,"Heap":26,"SleepMode":"Dynamic","Sleep":50,"LoadAvg":19,"MqttCount":27,"POWER":"OFF","Wifi":{"AP":2,"SSId":"Java","BSSId":"10:C3:7B:D0:04:98","Channel":10,"RSSI":88,"Signal":-56,"LinkCount":24,"Downtime":"0T00:05:25"}}
20:14:57 WIF: Connecting to AP2 Java in mode 11N as sonoffsv1-6979...
20:15:01 WIF: Connected
20:15:01 MQT: Attempting connection...
20:15:01 MQT: Connected
20:15:01 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/LWT = Online (retained)
20:15:01 MQT: cmnd/sonoffsv1/POWER =
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"ON"}
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = ON (retained)
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"OFF"}
20:15:01 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = OFF (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: Attempting connection...
20:15:28 MQT: Connected
20:15:28 MQT: tele/sonoffsv1/LWT = Online (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: cmnd/sonoffsv1/POWER =
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"ON"}
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = ON (retained)
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/RESULT = {"POWER":"OFF"}
20:15:28 MQT: stat/sonoffsv1/POWER = OFF (retained)
You need to make sure your MQTT messages are not being retained, you might also need a MQTT explorer to delete the older messages related to /sonoffsv1/ to get it to clear.
I had the same issue with mine when I first did the setup, wasnt fun having it open my front gate and garage door at 2am after I did the initial setup!
 
Let me setup another one fresh and see if it experiences the same issues wifi connectivity issues.
 
i have these on a garage, should be the same in principle

Switchretain 1
Powerretain 1
PulseTime1 1
switchmode1 0
switchmode2 2
switchtopic2 "device_name_state"

Damn, I never did all of these on my garage door SVs. Only PulseTime1 1 and that was all. Don't think I ever had ghost switching yet. That was previous house. Still need to reinstall them, but probably will only connect them up as is with no reconfig.
 
Set up some actionable notifications today and they're super cool! Should have done it sooner.

668fac09b8277961939b3ef38d53b905.jpg
 
The @SmartKit guys are a bit quiet, haven't seen any updates on whether new orders will be delivered? Website still has a banner stating 27th April.
 
You need to make sure your MQTT messages are not being retained, you might also need a MQTT explorer to delete the older messages related to /sonoffsv1/ to get it to clear.
I had the same issue with mine when I first did the setup, wasnt fun having it open my front gate and garage door at 2am after I did the initial setup!

You can clear it right inside Home Assistant these days.

There is an MQTT tool now.

But yes quite possibly an old configuration tested at some point with retain enabled in HA and that will remain there forever until manually cleared because HA/MQTT is stupid like that.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X