Home Automation - Smartkit

Changed to lower case. Should the car automatically popup?


I'm struggling with the Hass integration. Figured out mqtt had no username password fixed the config file and the Hass config file. Realised mqtt wasn't setup on the sonoff so did that. Now I can discover the device in hass.

Need to get the card to give a switch for the garage and to say open/close for the sensor, I thought this code should do it but I think I'm wrong

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
 
Under mqtt broker log it's shows that it found the SV

If I try and publish this it does not work
172ba15344449493841818874c30fd63.jpg
 
So that works. So it means mqtt is working.

Still not sure why the card is not showing up, I'm sure it's something small that I missed
29a6d3a7c2a00f42a63a99398ac5cf08.jpg
34fd538702fa8bb1cc923e10599f1fa7.jpg
060563eb52f9573f533516ac5bba93f1.jpg
Click the 3 dots:
cf001.jpg
Select Configure UI
cf002.jpg
Click the 3 dots again and select Unused entities, this will allow you to place it on whichever page you want.
cf003.jpg
 
You probably want to set discovery to yes under your mqtt settings. Not sure why you even set the prefix when you disable discovery.
 
To my surprise I see they've added more device class for Cover now.

Siri can finally stop telling me "but you have two garage doors in this house"

****

Bah seems the limitation is still in Homekit itself being retarded.
 
Last edited:
ah yeah i saw those, been around for a while

Yeah it’s been ages since I configured it.

Or I just confused the issue and they were there all along but I figured it wasn’t because HomeKit only accepts a handful of them and to fix my problem I have to make my front gate a window blind and I reject that notion.
 
Yeah it’s been ages since I configured it.

Or I just confused the issue and they were there all along but I figured it wasn’t because HomeKit only accepts a handful of them and to fix my problem I have to make my front gate a window blind and I reject that notion.

I made my gate a custom one and set the icon as a lock in a locked or open state
 
One last issue is that the icons are inverted.

Click down to opens and it says closed when its open.

Easiest fix for it?
 
One last issue is that the icons are inverted.

Click down to opens and it says closed when its open.

Easiest fix for it?

- platform: mqtt
name: "Garage"
state_topic: "cmnd/garagestate/POWER2"
command_topic: "cmnd/garage/POWER"
payload_open: "ON"
payload_close: "ON"
payload_stop: "ON"
state_open: "OFF"
state_closed: "ON"

optimistic: false
device_class: garage

notice my values here.

is your contact aligned such that it is closed when the door is closed, or closed when the door is open?
 
One last issue is that the icons are inverted.

Click down to opens and it says closed when its open.

Easiest fix for it?

Either flip the code or flip the topics.

I changed mine to open and closed instead of ON and OFF.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X