Home Automation - Smartkit

ItherNiT

It is just a 5i3ryh (i3 5gen 8gb memory and 512GB hdd). Edit: fixed its actually 5th gen so it may not be 100% powerfull enough.

I know it is not the strongest so the deepstack will run on something else. Would be amazing to get a Jetson compute module, but the prices on that still a bit high I think.

For now the cpu usage sits on ~30% running only blue iris 5. It is however the only device running anything windows related in the house :cautious:

You can also look at this (supports google coral):

Tinuva

The Magician
You can also look at this (supports google coral):

This is interesting.

I see people still use BI for NVR but then add Frigate for the automations and object detection.

furpile

Expert Member
This is interesting.

I see people still use BI for NVR but then add Frigate for the automations and object detection.
It looks like the Coral works really efficiently with Frigate. Not sure how easy it is to get a Coral in SA though.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
I want to build a single panel that shows the information below (I have two old iPads that no no longer run RecallCue (Dementia Clock App) due to the iOS version not being upgradeable any longer [my father in law has dementia]

Any help would be hugely appreciated

bb181170392f98f497be1cba714bed36.jpg

furpile

Expert Member
I want to build a single panel that shows the information below (I have two old iPads that no no longer run RecallCue (Dementia Clock App) due to the iOS version not being upgradeable any longer [my father in law has dementia]

Any help would be hugely appreciated

bb181170392f98f497be1cba714bed36.jpg
Do you want to display this on one of the ipads?

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Do you want to display this on one of the ipads?

Yes

On both actually

People who suffer from dementia need a constant reminder with respect to date and time. They find it very comforting because they find everything around them to be very confusing

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
I know it has been mentioned before, but best way to use the centurion D5 status output as an alarm contact? i.e I suspect you need to invert the status somehow with a relay for example or is there a way as is? (should be closed when gate is closed, and open when gate is open, without sending any external power through the line)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I know it has been mentioned before, but best way to use the centurion D5 status output as an alarm contact? i.e I suspect you need to invert the status somehow with a relay for example or is there a way as is? (should be closed when gate is closed, and open when gate is open, without sending any external power through the line)

Where does the alarm fit into it?

Isn’t it just a N/C or N/O type contact?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I.e I want it to trigger the alarm when set through an existing zone.

Aaah right now I’m with you.

I would then wonder how on earth you’d connect the two things to each other as surely they are pretty damn far apart.

If it’s just a wire then surely the alarm would only need it to be N/C or N/O and detect a change in that status like any other wires sensor.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member

I would then wonder how on earth you’d connect the two things to each other as surely they are pretty damn far apart.

If it’s just a wire then surely the alarm would only need it to be N/C or N/O and detect a change in that status like any other wires sensor.

yeah 100% thats the goal, wire from alarm panel zone to gate, currently there is a wide gap reed switch, but I would like to do away with the reed switch if possible

Tinuva

The Magician

Technically you can use a wireless Reed switch but just rewire the gate closed position to the switch input. That's what is done for my outdoor beams which usually can be wired.

But since he already have a wire there for a Reed switch it should be no issue at all.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Technically you can use a wireless Reed switch but just rewire the gate closed position to the switch input. That's what is done for my outdoor beams which usually can be wired.

But since he already have a wire there for a Reed switch it should be no issue at all.
Sorry not sure I completely follow, are you saying I can use a wire to a zone with the Evo gate motot outputs, can you please explain a bit more?

Tinuva

The Magician
Sorry not sure I completely follow, are you saying I can use a wire to a zone with the Evo gate motot outputs, can you please explain a bit more?
I would connect it directly to the gates own Reed switch.