Home Automation - Smartkit

Tinuva

The Magician
xD ok so you dont know if there is a way to hook into the centurion D5 evos reedswitch?
I don't know as I don't have one, but if the resistance is acceptable for the alarm you would connect it directly.

Thor

Honorary Master
Is there enough hardware that support homekit that one can move away from Sonoff/Shelly?

What is the benefit of HomeKit / what is their sonoff equivalent?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Is there enough hardware that support homekit that one can move away from Sonoff/Shelly?

Shelly is more than likely going to support Homekit in the next few months on their new devices.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

It’s not as well supported or as functional to be a stand alone platform.

Home Assistant + HomeKit is the perfect solution.

There is no Sonoff equivalent. HomeKit is a platform that you connect into, Sonoff and many other devices can do it.

Their Automations are deeply lacking though for advanced users.

HomeKit is a great front end, especially for wife approval.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Saw this on FB. Its on kickstarter.

I'm just distrustful of kickstarter
e16ce29d187899169c5e4b57a35da5e4.jpg

Last edited:

gbyleveldt

^^^ I believe it's going to be available from iTead direct soon. For around $75. It's $54 if you take part in Kickstarter though
Looks neat, but I'll hold off till Tasmota has something dedicated for it.

Gielie01

Saw this on FB. Its on kickstarter.

I'm just distrusting of kickstarter
e16ce29d187899169c5e4b57a35da5e4.jpg

I really like the idea of this product, im not a fan of the touch switches, but this serves my want of a "smart solution" and swambo's want of a "manual feedback solution"

Looks like a neat product.

ebendl

Expert Member
I really like the idea of this product, im not a fan of the touch switches, but this serves my want of a "smart solution" and swambo's want of a "manual feedback solution"

Looks like a neat product.

I like it too. Love the fact that they included the two physical buttons underneath, and used an ESP32 as the brains with easily exposed headers.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Bought 2 Connex motion detectors from Builders. To use motion detectors to switch on toilet and bathroom lights.

Connected via Smartlife app as I have an existing SmartLife bulb in toilet.

1. On the one - No light at all yet new unsealed box. Will exchange tomorrow.
2. Other one - box was opened and resealed but the motion detector connects easily.

My issues with working one is that it detects motion but light connected to it doesn't go on consistently and/or lags.

Anybody else experiencing issues with the Connex motion detectors. They have a Connex Connect app but definitely Tuya based as I used Smart Life app to setup motion detector.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Does it have to be Smart Life?

I am planning on buying Xiaomi Security set sometime in the near future and they use Zigbee so will see if I can add them to Tuya before I incorporate into HassIO if you interested?
Might have missed update.

How did it work out?

Bought 2 connex motion detectors but not impressed thus far.

Saba'a

Executive Member
What smart irrigation kit are peeps using?

I want to buy a controller that fits onto tap powered by batteries or solar power.

calypso

Expert Member
Has anyone tried to put a Sonoff POW in front of an electric fence? I want to see the power draw as a measure to see if the fence working or not. I'm just wondering if the battery in front will just smooth out the draw to such an extent that the fence being on/off won't be detected.

furpile

Expert Member
Has anyone tried to put a Sonoff POW in front of an electric fence? I want to see the power draw as a measure to see if the fence working or not. I'm just wondering if the battery in front will just smooth out the draw to such an extent that the fence being on/off won't be detected.
Haven't done that, but the power draw should be quite low. The unit I have sends 4 Joule per pulse, so that is 4W (1 pulse per second). Don't know how sensitive the POW will measure. Does the fence unit not have outputs you can integrate? Usually the have outputs to connect to an alarm system.

calypso

Expert Member
Haven't done that, but the power draw should be quite low. The unit I have sends 4 Joule per pulse, so that is 4W (1 pulse per second). Don't know how sensitive the POW will measure. Does the fence unit not have outputs you can integrate? Usually the have outputs to connect to an alarm system.
I'm thinking it will be too minimal to read hence me asking before going ahead. Outputs yet, but that then is a whole new thing to work out.