Home Automation - Smartkit

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
if it were me i would use an opto isolator on the fence led, low voltage true indication of fence working

Juanko

You talked and we have listened! Please find the discord link below to the South African Smart Home Automation channel. I will reach out to the online shops and hear if they want to join. Otherwise I can always post their specials and updates to the channel.

Last edited:

Tinuva

The Magician
You talked and we have listened! Please find the discord link below to the South African Smart Home Automation channel. I will reach out to the online shops and hear if they want to join. Otherwise I can always post their specials and updates to the channel.

Only 3 members now. Will take some time to grow.

hellfire

Honorary Master
One of the relays on my Sonoff 4Ch R3 Pro seems to have malfunctioned.
Looks like it's relatively easy to remove and solder a new one in.
Any idea where I can source the relay?

ebendl

Expert Member
One of the relays on my Sonoff 4Ch R3 Pro seems to have malfunctioned.
Looks like it's relatively easy to remove and solder a new one in.
Any idea where I can source the relay?
Communica? RS Components? You might not find the exact relay but if you can match specs it might be fine (and you might need to do some modifications to the PCB to make it fit)

Tristao

So I thought I was very bright to use the Sonoff inching switch (https://www.smartkit.co.za/product/1-channel-inching-self-locking-wifi-wireless-switch-5v-12v/?attribute_voltage=5V/12V) to operate my gate motor remotely for visitors. I did this by allowing the sonoff to bridge the remote button on the Centurion D5 gate motor. It works very well. I press the button in the eWelink app and the sonoff "pushes" the button for 1 second and the gate opens. Push it again and it closes.

Little did I know that when the sonoff looses power and powers up again it momentarily latches the relay as part of the booting cycle in the process opening up the gate. (The power on state IS set to OFF in the eWelink software).

Thing is, I had this set up for more than a year and only notices it now. Could this have been introduced via a new firmware update. I am pretty sure it wasn't always like this.

Can somebody else confirm this as normal?

Thanks

Tristao

So I thought I was very bright to use the Sonoff inching switch (https://www.smartkit.co.za/product/1-channel-inching-self-locking-wifi-wireless-switch-5v-12v/?attribute_voltage=5V/12V) to operate my gate motor remotely for visitors. I did this by allowing the sonoff to bridge the remote button on the Centurion D5 gate motor. It works very well. I press the button in the eWelink app and the sonoff "pushes" the button for 1 second and the gate opens. Push it again and it closes.

Little did I know that when the sonoff looses power and powers up again it momentarily latches the relay as part of the booting cycle in the process opening up the gate. (The power on state IS set to OFF in the eWelink software).

Thing is, I had this set up for more than a year and only notices it now. Could this have been introduced via a new firmware update. I am pretty sure it wasn't always like this.

Can somebody else confirm this as normal?

Thanks
Hi Goobie. I am interested to know how you resolved this issue. I am having this issue with false triggers. I am running Ewelink v4.17.1 and the Sonoff Channel1 is linked to my Centurion A10 (runs on 230V) which I have on my inverter backup. Power on state is Off. I had numerous recent issues then disconnected my beams and redid all the wiring connections. I thought the issue was resolved but a few weeks later (today) I caught it doing this again...

Saba'a

Executive Member
Anybody know of a smart outdoor motion detector?

Sonoff or preferably smartlife/tuya wifi options.

brettmcalister

Attachments

• IMG-1993.jpg
    IMG-1993.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 37