Home Automation - Smartkit

Press the button on the switch.

Incidentally it seems the servers are up, just too slow for the app to use. I turned on an rf switch and a couple minutes later a basic that is slaved to the rf unit turned on so there is some life...

Yeah.. I shouted at my Google Home to turn on my pool, and it told me to get knotted and then 5 minutes later the pool just sprang to life... hopefully I can turn it off just now.
 
I believe their servers are down again - there's another thread somewhere here with mention of it. I've got one Sonoff RF that's been offline since early afternoon I think.

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/821739-Wifi-light-switches?p=21155007#post21155007

Need to get off their ****ty services - everytime this happens some of my devices are knocked off the network and I need to redo everything. Serious pain int he arse as the schedules are complex, and not user friendly to setup.
 
Sonoff kind of working.... The app does not respond but the google home controls it,

Don't know whats going on.

Anyone else having problems.

Johnathan
 
Yea they'e had so many issues this year :/
 
Can these be reflashed to talk to openHAB or something similar?
 
Havent gotten to that point yet - but will probably try focus on it this weekend.
 
You guys should consider selling "pre-flashed" devices at a slight markup...
 
You guys should consider selling "pre-flashed" devices at a slight markup...

We've had dealings with a guy who specifically does this - buys our product, flashes and installs for others.

I suppose I could just advertise a "flashed version" and doing it on request - it's not difficult.
 
Is there like a step-by-step thing somewhere (written in idiot-proof-level-instructions) on how to flash these things and get it to run locally?
 
We've had dealings with a guy who specifically does this - buys our product, flashes and installs for others.

I suppose I could just advertise a "flashed version" and doing it on request - it's not difficult.

Yeh - I'm comfortable doing my own...

But... :p

Is there like a step-by-step thing somewhere (written in idiot-proof-level-instructions) on how to flash these things and get it to run locally?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X