Home Automation - Smartkit

My envisalink thingy arrived. All hooked up and working, and home assistant is seeing the zones and partitions :)
Now I need the USB coder thing. And waterproof housings. When will you guys have stock?

FYI, not in the system yet but we have a dozen available.
 
Cool
I need 3. Let me know when I can order :)
 
Awesome!! Any chance that you were able to track down that video to downgrade the IP150 firmware?

Do you know if this supports alarm panels with 2 partitions? I e got an SP6000 which has two partitions.

Forgot about that, it was a link to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ekO1h2I_8&t=399s

From this thread: https://community.openhab.org/t/help-build-binding-for-paradox-alarm-panel-with-ip150/1712/161

RE: Partitions - I'd imagine it would work - you'd just add two panels on the home automation side, one for P1 and one for P2
 
Thanks xrapidx

@CraZee, can you give this a shot and let us know the outcome? If this works, I'll be ordering an IP150 right away!
 
Thanks xrapidx

@CraZee, can you give this a shot and let us know the outcome? If this works, I'll be ordering an IP150 right away!

I tried following this vid last week. Results were unsuccessful. BTW ip150 firmware is now running v4.2
The only promising thing I have come across is some guys hacking the serial protocol and intercepting the commands going to the panel. This effectively negates the need for the ip150 module
 
ugh! I believe that companies like Olarm (www.olarm.co.za) developed a device that connects to that serial port to "turn your alarm into a smart alarm". A good friend of mine has just installed Control4 into his home and I popped around while the installer was there and I asked about alarm support for which they support Paradox. Control4 also have a device that connects to that serial port.

Ideally it would be great if there was a hardware bridge that would connect to this serial port and allow you to connect an Ethernet cable to it. At the moment, I'm pinning my hopes on the IP150 (with a firmware downgrade or an old IP150 with old firmware) as I doubt such a device exists.
 
ugh! I believe that companies like Olarm (www.olarm.co.za) developed a device that connects to that serial port to "turn your alarm into a smart alarm". A good friend of mine has just installed Control4 into his home and I popped around while the installer was there and I asked about alarm support for which they support Paradox. Control4 also have a device that connects to that serial port.

Ideally it would be great if there was a hardware bridge that would connect to this serial port and allow you to connect an Ethernet cable to it. At the moment, I'm pinning my hopes on the IP150 (with a firmware downgrade or an old IP150 with old firmware) as I doubt such a device exists.

You get a serial cable for the Paradox panels, just not sure what you can do with it.
http://www.paradox.com/Products/default.asp?PID=72
 
You should get it today ;-)

lol and we have guests for the weekend.... I am going to either get in big trouble for being antisocial, or I'm going to have severe hacking fomo.
 
lol and we have guests for the weekend.... I am going to either get in big trouble for being antisocial, or I'm going to have severe hacking fomo.

Nah... you no longer have guests for the weekend.. you have workers for the weekend now :p
 
ugh! I believe that companies like Olarm (www.olarm.co.za) developed a device that connects to that serial port to "turn your alarm into a smart alarm". A good friend of mine has just installed Control4 into his home and I popped around while the installer was there and I asked about alarm support for which they support Paradox. Control4 also have a device that connects to that serial port.

Ideally it would be great if there was a hardware bridge that would connect to this serial port and allow you to connect an Ethernet cable to it. At the moment, I'm pinning my hopes on the IP150 (with a firmware downgrade or an old IP150 with old firmware) as I doubt such a device exists.

Interesting, looks like it has embedded 3g and they've figured out enough of the serial protocol.
http://www.westonsgroup.co.za/home/olarm/

And the Control4 version:
http://cinegration.com/blog/item/new-paradox-evo-digiplex-driver
http://www.mmatli.co.za/automation/product/paradox-evo-alarm-panel-control4-driver-houselogix/

There was something else popping up in my facebook feed, forgot what it was now but no doubt I'll see it again. Also have a paradox serial module.



At the end of the day, if so many different companies have figured it out it should not be too difficult to do something more "open" and then instead of buying a crippled IP150 (R1000+) you could buy a pi zero wireless (<R200) and plug it into serial port of the paradox board and have it run MQTT.

The serial cable from paradox is generally used with their own software. No reason it HAS to be I guess but there are cheaper options available. If the protocol is figured out then you could use a pi as a "host". The IP150 and paradox serial cable plug into the same port by the way, so if figuring out the serial protocol is easier than the IP protocol then it might be easier to use something else for the IP portion (like a pi).
 
Hi guys, I have a amazon echo dot and would really like it to control certain lamps in the house. Any recommendation other than Phillips hue?
 
And I did :D

What's this geyserworx thing all about? (I don't have an electric geyser, but techfomo/other applications)

Lol, it actually requires an electric geyser to work. Basically it's photo-voltaic panels for your existing geyser, with a controller phone app for temperature and timers. The panels add 15-20 degrees a day in good weather. You don't need to replace your geyser or plumbing with a solar option.
 
Lol, it actually requires an electric geyser to work. Basically it's photo-voltaic panels for your existing geyser, with a controller phone app for temperature and timers. The panels add 15-20 degrees a day in good weather. You don't need to replace your geyser or plumbing with a solar option.

Was thinking about pool pump...
 
fck me. You guys have turned my house into a snowflake.

Capture.PNG
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X