Home Automation - Smartkit

Nah don't stress...
I guess if my pump eventually packs up I'll get a DC pump and some panels
 
We have an LED porch light like this that is mounted flush with the ceiling. I want to be able to control it with the app, but there isn't space inside to put a basic Sonof relay. So maybe I need to use the BN-SZ01? What is not clear to me from the pictures is if the Sonof just mounts inside my existing light cover (just replace the globe) or is the Sonof a complete uit that I install against the ceiling?

Anybody used it before?

OutLight.jpgOutLight1.jpgbn-sz01.jpg
 
Try figure out the dimensions of the interior of your lamp and see if the Sonoff will fit...

Your other option if you have a bit of space in the ceiling is to just get a sonoff basic and slot it in the ceiling instead.
 
The Sonoff Basic is pretty small:

Dimensions: 88*38*23mm (L*W*H)

See where you can fit it in - it needs to be inline with the main supply.
 
Decided to pull my only so sonoff basic and do the firmware - its the only one that won't work ota :(
 
Decided to pull my only so sonoff basic and do the firmware - its the only one that won't work ota :(
c30c67c30cf1f7dd10eee9924148f581.jpg
 
Try figure out the dimensions of the interior of your lamp and see if the Sonoff will fit...

Your other option if you have a bit of space in the ceiling is to just get a sonoff basic and slot it in the ceiling instead.

Access to the ceiling is a pain in the but... will try inside the lamp cover though ... have other Sonof basic around so will remove and try, just thought this could be a cleaner solotion
 
Getting the hang of this stuff

Now if one of the interior alarm passives trips after sunset it turns on some lights inside for a minute after motion detection ends. Works even if the alarm isn't armed. So walk into a dark room and voila, let there be light ;D
 
Getting the hang of this stuff

Now if one of the interior alarm passives trips after sunset it turns on some lights inside for a minute after motion detection ends. Works even if the alarm isn't armed. So walk into a dark room and voila, let there be light ;D
I've done the same :-D.

Also have certain lights that are on depending on alarm status. Like outside lights by the bedroom are on at night, but off when the alarm is armed in sleep mode.

Google Home announcements with movement by the pool, or behind the house, etc.
 
So quick question on the Sonoff Basics. Do they only work with the app after install or can I continue using the switches on the wall when I'm home.
Sometime that's a little easier.
 
You can set them to a specific state after a power cycle. It would mean switching the switch from on to off to on again to get the light on.
 
So quick question on the Sonoff Basics. Do they only work with the app after install or can I continue using the switches on the wall when I'm home.
Sometime that's a little easier.
The button on the unit also works as a switch...
 
You can set them to a specific state after a power cycle. It would mean switching the switch from on to off to on again to get the light on.
Remember this being mentioned. Would the power cycle be a normal on and off from the wall switch end or from the main-switch side kinda deal?
The button on the unit also works as a switch...

Wanna connect these in the ceiling so that might be a problem to reach :p

Just worried if internet goes kaput, am I without light? If GF visits does she need the app to turn things on kinda thing
 
I got rfs with a remote for the unaccessible installs
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X