Home Automation - Smartkit

c30c67c30cf1f7dd10eee9924148f581.jpg

Where'd you get your setup?

Wondering if this will work - http://www.communica.co.za/Catalog/Details/P1533163456
 
Board from smart kit. jumper cables from rs online.
 
Didn't see it on their site - but - was hoping to find one today as I'm working from home, so in the area of communica.
 
You can set them to a specific state after a power cycle. It would mean switching the switch from on to off to on again to get the light on.

@xrapidx - I have a Sonoff RF wired to a lamp, how would I set it so it can be switched 'manually' ie from the wall outlet switch?
 
@xrapidx - I have a Sonoff RF wired to a lamp, how would I set it so it can be switched 'manually' ie from the wall outlet switch?

On ewelink, if you're on the latest firmware update, you can set it to retain state on power on.
Note, if you turn it off at the wall you can only turn it on at the wall again, obvs.
 
Now if one of the interior alarm passives trips after sunset it turns on some lights inside for a minute after motion detection ends. Works even if the alarm isn't armed. So walk into a dark room and voila, let there be light ;D

What firmware ?

Something I feel people really want !

It can't be that difficult for eWeLink to add this into the stock firmware / app - and yet, they haven't
 
What firmware ?

Something I feel people really want !

It can't be that difficult for eWeLink to add this into the stock firmware / app - and yet, they haven't

Tasmota firmware.
Automation is done with Homeassistant and Appdaemon.
 
On ewelink, if you're on the latest firmware update, you can set it to retain state on power on.
Note, if you turn it off at the wall you can only turn it on at the wall again, obvs.

Got it, thanks Sinbad
 
Yeah... I loves my Sonoffs (the few that I have)... but I def think I will be flashing them to Tasmota so I can do more complicated things through HomeAssistant and such...
 
@xrapidx - I have a Sonoff RF wired to a lamp, how would I set it so it can be switched 'manually' ie from the wall outlet switch?

As below - I don't use the app anymore... but it was somewhere under the individual device setings.

On ewelink, if you're on the latest firmware update, you can set it to retain state on power on.
Note, if you turn it off at the wall you can only turn it on at the wall again, obvs.


Tasmota firmware.
Automation is done with Homeassistant and Appdaemon.

Is Appdaemon for your alarm side? Haven't really had the need for it with my installation. Just dropped off my ipad to be framed for the dashboard :D
 
Oh yes - I recall the dashboard using it - haven't used it for automation.
 
Is there any way to automate the entering of the 20 digit token(number) on those pre-paid electricity meters? Or maybe a newer generation meter that allows this(internet connected?). Thinking of where there's a elderly person in a wheelchair that can't easily access the meter.
 
Oh yes - I recall the dashboard using it - haven't used it for automation.

It offers much more flexibility than the native HomeAssistant automations. Downside is, whoever invented python is a fkn psychopath.

For example, my motion lights thing is set up as follows:

Only between 1 hour before sunset, and sunrise:
If the inside lights are off and motion is detected on one of three PIRs, turn on the lounge lights for 60 seconds. If motion is detected again on any of the PIRs, reset the timer for another 60 seconds.
If the inside lights are on and there's no timer active (ie, it wasn't set by the PIR tripping) then ignore the PIR signal
If you press the button (whichever button - dashboard, RF or on the sonoff) while the lights are on in motion sensor mode, switches them off for 1 second and then back on again without a timer running (so they'll stay on - ie, you've come into the room and are sitting down for a while).

I'm also going to program it so when the alarm is armed, all lights turn off, and if it's disarmed between sunset and sunrise, all lights turn on for a couple of minutes (so when you come home and disarm, the house lights up for you - same if you disarm in the middle of the night to investigate whatever). Maybe also worth turning on all lights if the alarm is triggered? What you guys think?
 
It offers much more flexibility than the native HomeAssistant automations. Downside is, whoever invented python is a fkn psychopath.

For example, my motion lights thing is set up as follows:

Only between 1 hour before sunset, and sunrise:
If the inside lights are off and motion is detected on one of three PIRs, turn on the lounge lights for 60 seconds. If motion is detected again on any of the PIRs, reset the timer for another 60 seconds.
If the inside lights are on and there's no timer active (ie, it wasn't set by the PIR tripping) then ignore the PIR signal
If you press the button (whichever button - dashboard, RF or on the sonoff) while the lights are on in motion sensor mode, switches them off for 1 second and then back on again without a timer running (so they'll stay on - ie, you've come into the room and are sitting down for a while).

I'm also going to program it so when the alarm is armed, all lights turn off, and if it's disarmed between sunset and sunrise, all lights turn on for a couple of minutes (so when you come home and disarm, the house lights up for you - same if you disarm in the middle of the night to investigate whatever). Maybe also worth turning on all lights if the alarm is triggered? What you guys think?

If the alarm goes of I'd definitely want to turn all the lights on, or maybe strobe a few of the more annoying ones as an additional notice to the NHW or neighbours.
 
If the alarm goes of I'd definitely want to turn all the lights on, or maybe strobe a few of the more annoying ones as an additional notice to the NHW or neighbours.

I have a 50 watt LED flood sitting in the cupboard.
Now you're making me think :D
 
I would not turn all the lights on - turn them on where the motion was picked up.

You do not want to light up yourself if someone is in the house.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X