Home Automation - Smartkit

I have a Yeelight RGB bulb outside above the garage that pulses blue and red when the alarm goes off :D
 
I would not turn all the lights on - turn them on where the motion was picked up.

You do not want to light up yourself if someone is in the house.
So currently all the lights is the lounge, and soon to be patio
Not bedroom area at all
 
Besides ambiance lighting, I don't plan on doing the internal lights.

My outside lights are on from sunset till sunrise. I still want to add garden lights. I want the whole place lit up at night.
 
I'm running mine in a docker container in a rancher VM on my FreeNAS server ;)

And heres me who just pawned off all my PC/Server hardware at home in the last few months since I'd mostly stopped using it for anything... *mutter*....
 
Failing to plan = planning to fail :D

This is running on an old Microserver N40L

Now that it's working a bit harder, I might repurpose the N54L I was using as a media center...
 
Hmmm... thoughts... docker clustering... multi nodes, failover etc .....
 
Hmmm... thoughts... docker clustering... multi nodes, failover etc .....

Be smart..

Geostretch the cluster into the cloud so you can survive hardware failure at the expense of slight latency :D

Might require some decent implementation of something like Openshift........ DAMNIT now I'm getting ideas of filling my server cabinet at home again... FFS!
 
Thanks, I have a Pi3 B+ that I wanted to use for Opensprinkler. But think I'll rather use it for HA and get a smaller Pi for the sprinkler system.

I got Opensprinkler on a Pi Zero W.

The Pi3 was running Opensprinkler before... which was overkill.
 
Two different locations in the house where hardware for the two systems will be installed. So not really an option for me.

Fair enough.... I have everything on wired running through to a central place in my house
 
I am planning to get a pi3B to run Home Assistant. Will a 32GB SD card be enough? I might run the Ubiquity controller on there too and maybe one or two other stuff.
 
I have mine on a 16gb card. You'll only need to worry about space if you want to keep quite a bit of history.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X