Home Automation - Smartkit

3. Press the button on the unit.
Not so accessible. Can't imagine the house having these things mounted all over to be accessible for manual overrides. Mine is hidden away on purpose: its ugly.

Perhaps home automation is not meant for 3rd world countries... :-(
 
I don’t see why you need a secondary SSID or Lan for this as it would only make your life harder.

Who don’t you trust on your very own network?
I just create a seperate SSID as the new one only has 2.4ghz activated.
 
Not so accessible. Can't imagine the house having these things mounted all over to be accessible for manual overrides. Mine is hidden away on purpose: its ugly.

Perhaps home automation is not meant for 3rd world countries... :-(

Well that's the compromise you were willing to make.

Mine is also hidden away.

I was simply answering your question.

Good reason I don't use the stock firmware and have everything on MQTT. When I come home after dark it goes on by itself.

OR my MQTT server remembers the status and puts it back...if it doesn't go down itself of course.
 
Well that's the compromise you were willing to make.

Mine is also hidden away.

I was simply answering your question.

Good reason I don't use the stock firmware and have everything on MQTT. When I come home after dark it goes on by itself.

OR my MQTT server remembers the status and puts it back...if it doesn't go down itself of course.

What compromise? Living in South Africa? Not sure what you mean... anyway... moving on...

I thought I read the button is just for wifi pairing - didn't realise it is a on/off switch as well. My bad, better check the manual again before asking silly questions. Sorry.
 
Anybody have a way of getting notified of a power outage at home when you're out/away?
#winning

eb46814e539ee12e738d5eda47461169.jpg
 
How do you actually add a sensor to Hass.io ... I pressed every button and can't figure it out.. :)

You don’t press buttons.

You go add the code in the configuration files.

Quickest way is in configuration.yaml the main file but in time you split them out and end up with a sensors.yaml to make life easier.
 
What compromise? Living in South Africa? Not sure what you mean... anyway... moving on...

I thought I read the button is just for wifi pairing - didn't realise it is a on/off switch as well. My bad, better check the manual again before asking silly questions. Sorry.

Aaah so you didn’t know that is actually turns it on and off.

My original suspicion and answer wasn’t far off the mark.

And no the compromise had nothing to do with where you live and purely the convenience/inconvenience you are willing to life with when choosing form over function.
 
Quick question before I get home... with Tasmota flashed devices, how do you reset them to get them on another wifi network?
 
Quick question before I get home... with Tasmota flashed devices, how do you reset them to get them on another wifi network?
You can add a secondary wifi network on the device's config screen.
 
Not if I can't access the device?
2 options then
1) set up your new wifi with the same ssid and password as the old one, get device online and put new details in
2) edit your arduino sketch to have new details and reflash device.
 
2 options then
1) set up your new wifi with the same ssid and password as the old one, get device online and put new details in
2) edit your arduino sketch to have new details and reflash device.

Can't do either - its the stuff that arrived from smartkit :p

Will contact them for the wifi details
 
Not sure if this is the correct place, but since smartkit is selling the opensprinkler boards....

So I think this load shedding must have got the better of my opensprinkler setup.
I cant seem to detect the opensprinkler when opening the app and then the pi itself is also not connected when looking at the device list on my router.

When powering on the pi green led will flash twice, then once more and nothing after that.
Can anyone confirm what the green led on the pi is supposed to do? Is on, off or flashing in normal operation?
Hopefully im lucky and only my sdcard has gone or something?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X