can i try the basic on the lights? im probably going to make this my brother in laws problem to fitNothing wrong with a basic on the pool pump.
The light is probably 12v so an sv would work best there.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
can i try the basic on the lights? im probably going to make this my brother in laws problem to fitNothing wrong with a basic on the pool pump.
The light is probably 12v so an sv would work best there.
We've been using the 6.3.0 binary with great success. I test each device once loaded that it goes into "WiFi Manager" mode. 6.1.* - 6.2.* were dogs, however.
whats your location?
I would suggest a Sonoff POW R2 for the pool pump and not the basic. (mine has been running for almost a year now without any issues). I think I might have posted some pics earlier in this thread.
I need to add a sonoff to my pool light as well, but need to check if there is a sonoff that has a 12v output so i can bypass the transformer that I suspect is faulty.
Nothing wrong with a basic on the pool pump.
The light is probably 12v so an sv would work best there.
1.1kw = 5 ampseven a 1.1kw pump will be fine? want to add my jets as well
i probably will at a later stage, im cutting my teeth with the basics to get a fee for how they work, then i'll go crazyDid a bit of googling this morning - saw quite a few posts about the Basic and wifi issues on the 6.* firmware, with the log containing authentication errors.
Not a major issue once the problem is known...
You'll probably still need a transformer? 220v in -> 12v out?
I'd get the pump on a POW - the power usage stats are useful.
I have my light on Basic before the transformer. You could probably use the SV after the transformer.
can i try the basic on the lights? im probably going to make this my brother in laws problem to fit![]()
whats your location?
I would suggest a Sonoff POW R2 for the pool pump and not the basic. (mine has been running for almost a year now without any issues). I think I might have posted some pics earlier in this thread.
I need to add a sonoff to my pool light as well, but need to check if there is a sonoff that has a 12v output so i can bypass the transformer that I suspect is faulty.
Can I the sv do 220v to 12v ? ie no need for a transformer?
whats your location?
I would suggest a Sonoff POW R2 for the pool pump and not the basic. (mine has been running for almost a year now without any issues). I think I might have posted some pics earlier in this thread.
I need to add a sonoff to my pool light as well, but need to check if there is a sonoff that has a 12v output so i can bypass the transformer that I suspect is faulty.
Wait, are you saying I could use a sonoff SV to drive the pool light without a transformer? I had to remove the transformer from my pool dB due to its size when the DB was replaced and I just haven't found time to reinstall the transformer again. Maybe an SV with a small 220v to 12v adaptor (to power SV I think) would make it easierI think this could work for the pool light
https://www.smartkit.co.za/product/1-channel-inching-self-locking-wifi-wireless-switch-5v-12v/
actually I think this one
https://www.smartkit.co.za/product/sonoff-sv/
Ah OK cool. Will have to sort out my issue first then, will just use a basic before ethe transformer as I have a few that are not being used.No. The SV is not a transformer. It's a 5-12V input and output device.
LolYou mean a transformer![]()
the sv _CAN_ be isolated. It's not by default.Since the SV is isolated you can still use it to switch 220v, but it is using 12v to power it.
I had a problem with basics and 6.x firmware to. Turns out they're fine with wifi while powered from the UART, but as soon as they are on normal 220v they fail to connect to wifi.
Was told to flash the Sonoff Basic specific .bin file and that seemed to have fixed the problem.
Similar issue?
Since the SV is isolated you can still use it to switch 220v, but it is using 12v to power it.
I had a problem with basics and 6.x firmware to. Turns out they're fine with wifi while powered from the UART, but as soon as they are on normal 220v they fail to connect to wifi.
Was told to flash the Sonoff Basic specific .bin file and that seemed to have fixed the problem.
Similar issue?
the sv _CAN_ be isolated. It's not by default.
esptoolWhat do you use to flash a Bin? Instead of the source code with Platform I/O?
What do you use to flash a Bin? Instead of the source code with Platform I/O?
esptool