Home Automation - Smartkit

For what? Dashboards/visualisation?

Nope... Node red ;)
I might be wrong, but isnt NodeRed only for automations? You would then use the normal dashboard for the visual side of it. Like displaying status, lights, toggles etc?
 
Can anyone recommend a "smart" waterproof button I can put outside? I'd basically like home-assistant to anounce on Google Homes when its pushed, and send a photo.
 
Can anyone recommend a "smart" waterproof button I can put outside? I'd basically like home-assistant to anounce on Google Homes when its pushed, and send a photo.


Xiaomi smart button with a cocktail umbrella.
 
I might be wrong, but isnt NodeRed only for automations? You would then use the normal dashboard for the visual side of it. Like displaying status, lights, toggles etc?
Here's a quick dash I partly cribbed off someone else, then added more stuff to. Talking to my Victron controller
1554390702543.png
 
Here's a quick dash I partly cribbed off someone else, then added more stuff to. Talking to my Victron controller
View attachment 641970
A bit offside from the HA stuff, but what solar equipment do you all have to give you this info? I just got a little Victron 12|800|35 multiplus inverter - also looking to add more and get stats out of it.
 
A bit offside from the HA stuff, but what solar equipment do you all have to give you this info? I just got a little Victron 12|800|35 multiplus inverter - also looking to add more and get stats out of it.
This comes off the control unit, a Color Control GX.
 
Ah ok cool.. does the color control connect to the all three the inverter, battery monitor and mppt unit?
That's right, and also ethernet obviously. Uploads stats to the Victron Remote management site - vrm.victronenergy.com - have a look at their demo.
 
That's right, and also ethernet obviously. Uploads stats to the Victron Remote management site - vrm.victronenergy.com - have a look at their demo.
Cool, right now I only have the inverter - so I may just get the VE.Bus, which is a bluetooth dongle that connects to the inverter. Depends on cost, otherwise I'll just hang back until I can upgrade everything.
 
Received my order today (excellent service!)
2x Sonoff SV's modified, configured and installed on my garage doors :-)
 
@Sinbad , that is super cool. I would assume it would be in addition to lovelace, rather than replacing it right?
So you will still have a choice? you wont be forced to use NodeRed Dashboard just because you are using NodeRed automations?
 
@Sinbad , that is super cool. I would assume it would be in addition to lovelace, rather than replacing it right?
So you will still have a choice? you wont be forced to use NodeRed Dashboard just because you are using NodeRed automations?
Pretty much.
I don't use the lovelace ui much at all to be honest, except to verify config and restart the service. I have some Appdaemon dashboards which I will replace with node red.
 
Anyone fiddled with tensorflow in HA? Busy compiling it - want to have more intellegent camera notifications.

Also - anyone know where I can get network Hikvision camera's? Tired of unreliabe chinese crap.
 
Interesting @Dolby. Haven't been on the forum in a while, but just found this thread. Will go through it all in time and check out the Smartkit website in more detail...

Just getting into automation and doing some research. I have a Sonos One and I want to make Alexa run on iOS. The workarounds I have found involves changing region and losing my Apple Music subscription etc. Not really an option for me. I see there are a few people running Echo and Alexa here. Anyone using the iPhone app in SA? Any pointers?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X