Sinbad
Honorary Master
- Joined
- Jun 5, 2006
- Messages
- 89,125
- Reaction score
- 41,944
No, this replaces the envisalink.Do you have the Envisalink module with your panel to be able to connect it to HA?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
No, this replaces the envisalink.Do you have the Envisalink module with your panel to be able to connect it to HA?
Yeah, just read the site fully now.No, this replaces the envisalink.
Not that I've seen.Hi All, the sonoff touch switches are they able to dim be used for dimming?
Nah... You would need some form of inching system that can provide variable power to enable dimming.Hi All, the sonoff touch switches are they able to dim be used for dimming?
https://www.diyelectronics.co.za/st...a-windows-10-mini-pc-4gb64gb-unactivated.html
Those Lattepanda's are also quite nice and available locally. I considered that route but Im on a Pi 3 at the moment and its working ok for now. I will probably migrate everything to the mini-ITX i7 I have when I upgrade my gaming box.
We've been intrigued by konnected.io for a while now. Do you think there is a market?So deep down the rabbit hole... The PIMA system really is not great, it appears to be rather niche. Anyway, I did some more research on the konnected interface, and it seems its possible to read the alarm state as well as arm or disarm via relays and a key switch. I currently have an FSK remote control as well, which allows me to arm and disarm, so I assume its using the same key switch logic, and I am pretty confident this will work for what I need. Its not perfect, but its pretty close.
I guess the alternative is throw it all out and just get a DSC system, but theres a lot I would need to do on top of that as well anyway...
We've been intrigued by konnected.io for a while now. Do you think there is a market?
Price will be a major factor. Then, as was said, if it can work with armed response, it will help sell it more. I've been looking into it, as well.We've been intrigued by konnected.io for a while now. Do you think there is a market?
Until it easily talks to local armed response and is approved for use by insurance companies it’s probably not going anywhere.
Also with the code being available for anyone to just flash it themselves one has to wonder if their is any market for themselves in the product from the word go.
Someone hardcore enough to DIY their alarm is hardcore enough to flash the firmware.
Hi Phaktza,We've been intrigued by konnected.io for a while now. Do you think there is a market?
Just use the firmware it comes with which works with the app eWeLink.As I previously mentioned I will be using a sonoff basic for a braai light. Can I use it out of the box or is there a better firmware to load on the device?
Which app on Android works best? It will just be to switch the light on and off, nothing else.
Thank youJust use the firmware it comes with which works with the app eWeLink.
Hi Phaktza,
Last time when I spoke about them I had reservations, regarding the tamper part, i.e. a resistor that was not logic 1 or logic 0. If you are able to get me a quote I will try and be your guinea pig.
Hi Patrick. Thanks. Let me see what I can do. How many zones would suit you?
Hi Phaktza, A six zone system should cater for most of my needs. Thanks.Hi Patrick. Thanks. Let me see what I can do. How many zones would suit you?