Home Automation - Smartkit

Hi All, the sonoff touch switches are they able to dim be used for dimming?
 
So deep down the rabbit hole... The PIMA system really is not great, it appears to be rather niche. Anyway, I did some more research on the konnected interface, and it seems its possible to read the alarm state as well as arm or disarm via relays and a key switch. I currently have an FSK remote control as well, which allows me to arm and disarm, so I assume its using the same key switch logic, and I am pretty confident this will work for what I need. Its not perfect, but its pretty close.

I guess the alternative is throw it all out and just get a DSC system, but theres a lot I would need to do on top of that as well anyway...
We've been intrigued by konnected.io for a while now. Do you think there is a market?
 
We've been intrigued by konnected.io for a while now. Do you think there is a market?

Until it easily talks to local armed response and is approved for use by insurance companies it’s probably not going anywhere.

Also with the code being available for anyone to just flash it themselves one has to wonder if their is any market for themselves in the product from the word go.

Someone hardcore enough to DIY their alarm is hardcore enough to flash the firmware.
 
We've been intrigued by konnected.io for a while now. Do you think there is a market?
Price will be a major factor. Then, as was said, if it can work with armed response, it will help sell it more. I've been looking into it, as well.
 
Until it easily talks to local armed response and is approved for use by insurance companies it’s probably not going anywhere.

Also with the code being available for anyone to just flash it themselves one has to wonder if their is any market for themselves in the product from the word go.

Someone hardcore enough to DIY their alarm is hardcore enough to flash the firmware.

I hear you, but at the same time, I think that the interface panel offers a lot to someone who is wanting to tinker but perhaps not up for soldering up a board themselves. Honestly, for me this takes my very dumb system, and gives me what I am after. The ability to arm and disarm the alarm while I am out from HA, as well as access to the passives around the house. Add to this some cameras and I am pretty happy. I am quite close to pulling the trigger to try it out. Ideally I need something with 24 - 30 zones, and their pricing goes down the more you order, so I will probably order 4 boards, but I would have preferred just 1 to see how it goes.

I had not considered the potential questions from the insurance companies if I am honest.
 
We've been intrigued by konnected.io for a while now. Do you think there is a market?
Hi Phaktza,
Last time when I spoke about them I had reservations, regarding the tamper part, i.e. a resistor that was not logic 1 or logic 0. If you are able to get me a quote I will try and be your guinea pig.
 
As I previously mentioned I will be using a sonoff basic for a braai light. Can I use it out of the box or is there a better firmware to load on the device?

Which app on Android works best? It will just be to switch the light on and off, nothing else.
 
As I previously mentioned I will be using a sonoff basic for a braai light. Can I use it out of the box or is there a better firmware to load on the device?

Which app on Android works best? It will just be to switch the light on and off, nothing else.
Just use the firmware it comes with which works with the app eWeLink.
 
Hi Phaktza,
Last time when I spoke about them I had reservations, regarding the tamper part, i.e. a resistor that was not logic 1 or logic 0. If you are able to get me a quote I will try and be your guinea pig.

Hi Patrick. Thanks. Let me see what I can do. How many zones would suit you?
 
Anybody here from Durban that's willing to teach me how to run Home Assistant on a RPi3B+? Been watching YT and the videos on there is not the same as the latest HA when you install it.
 
Thought i might just post this here in case someone out there had the same issue i had. Been lucky enough to get hold of a Shelly 1 device to fix a problem i found in my stair way. I think this is a two way light switch where you have a switch at the bottom of the stairs and the top. Either switch will be able to switch the light on or off. I tried this with the Sonoff but just couldn't get this to work. Might have blown a relay or two playing around but the Shelly 1 has a live switch which makes a big difference. I managed to get the stairway light working perfectly.

A cool feature the device has is that you can put this in any two-way switch setup. The switch function has a few different options that you can change it too. I changed the switch type to edge switch. Its also quite small. I want to get a few more and see how many i can fit into a light switch box.

Does anyone else have a Shelly device and know of any other cool features?
 
I bought a sonoff basic today but I see theres only place for live and neutral, where does the earth go?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X