Ok so I have made a call to buy a few Sonoff basics.
Luckily my light switches have a neutral cable so this will work but I have a few queries.
Apologies in advance, I am green to this and there's a lot of conflicting info online
1) Why should I flash the device with Tasmota? Is it mainly Chinese privacy concerns?
2) What is the easiest method to flash Tasmota, preferably OTA. There's tons of videos but each have a different way of doing it.
3) What android app are you using, I read Yeti is good?
4) I want to use voice control with my android phone and Google assistant, will Yeti work?
5) The basic will be hidden behind the light Switch. I did consider the sonoff T1 but it's too pricey so I am going to stick with the basic. If the WiFi internet access is down but the WiFi still works, does Yeti have a LAN mode?
6) if I set a daily timer, is the timer stored in the actual Sonoff basic. ie: if my phone is dead, will the timer still execute
Thanks in advance and please let me know if you can help with any part of the above
Luckily my light switches have a neutral cable so this will work but I have a few queries.
Apologies in advance, I am green to this and there's a lot of conflicting info online
1) Why should I flash the device with Tasmota? Is it mainly Chinese privacy concerns?
2) What is the easiest method to flash Tasmota, preferably OTA. There's tons of videos but each have a different way of doing it.
3) What android app are you using, I read Yeti is good?
4) I want to use voice control with my android phone and Google assistant, will Yeti work?
5) The basic will be hidden behind the light Switch. I did consider the sonoff T1 but it's too pricey so I am going to stick with the basic. If the WiFi internet access is down but the WiFi still works, does Yeti have a LAN mode?
6) if I set a daily timer, is the timer stored in the actual Sonoff basic. ie: if my phone is dead, will the timer still execute
Thanks in advance and please let me know if you can help with any part of the above
Last edited:


