Home Connecta Flexi

Randux

Expert Member
Works on smartphones. Tested it on my old Redmi Note 2.

kabusi

Expert Member
Works on smartphones. Tested it on my old Redmi Note 2.
My home is just out of coverage but used to use the Giga packages which were 3G.
Is the only way to test this to load the cheapest bundle?
Also what kind of speeds are you getting?

Randux

Expert Member
My home is just out of coverage but used to use the Giga packages which were 3G.
That's what I did. Loaded the cheapest bundle, locked the phone to 4G and ran speed tests. Speeds range between 6 and 8Mbps comparable to what I get with MTN. I expect better speeds when I use an LTE-A device.

Randux

Expert Member
Remember Cell C now roams on MTN's 4G network. So if you have good MTN coverage you should be fine.

kabusi

Expert Member
Remember Cell C now roams on MTN's 4G network. So if you have good MTN coverage you should be fine.
Same, I don't have MTN coverage but willing to give this a go since MTN fixed LTE is more expensive or contract bound or they lock you to a tower.
But had enough of this Rain inconsistency where I can't even use 100GB in a month even though it is uncapped.
If it's anything close to what you are getting I am sold since the network is far more stable.

mzamz

I saw the home connecta deal hours ago but you can't purchase this on an existing prepaid sim card you will have to purchase a new connecta sim card to take advantage of this deal

kabusi

Expert Member
I saw the home connecta deal hours ago but you can't purchase this on an existing prepaid sim card you will have to purchase a new connecta sim card to take advantage of this deal
Have you tried: dialing: *147# > My Account > Change tariff > Home Connector Flexi..
My existing prepaid sim has the option although I have not tried it yet.

mzamz

Semantics' All technicalities lead to you buying a new sim you can't migrate from and existing one

cavedog

Honorary Master
Very affordable LTE data and it runs on MTN roaming too which is cool. Not location locked by the looks of it. Might get it to test it out.

Crumbl0x

Woah, very nice! Definitely might look into something like this for certain situations.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Some of these deals were usually just for contract but now on prepaid it's pretty decent deals for 60 day validity data

chakniks

This will now be my LTE backup for when fibre goes down.
Need to visit the mall and get a sim card.

mzamz

Just got a new sim today ported to home connecta "LTE signal seems about fine" now to just load the bundle