Home Connecta Flexi

BCR

Expert Member
I just extended my bundle without any airtime. So I guess this was a way for them to what? Find a compromise whilst still offering value?
Was that a newer 30 day bundle, or one of the previous bundles still, that they used to give 60 days on ?

If 60, then you're very lucky to have been given the option to extend.

If 30 days, then I recall reading (further up the thread) that they give 1 free extension, then after that, you have to keep loading airtime to be given the option to extend.

Gudnews

Expert Member
Was that a newer 30 day bundle, or one of the previous bundles still, that they used to give 60 days on ?

If 60, then you're very lucky to have been given the option to extend.

If 30 days, then I recall reading (further up the thread) that they give 1 free extension, then after that, you have to keep loading airtime to be given the option to extend.
Oh I see, I have the 30 day bundle.

BCR

Expert Member
Extension is not infinite?
I think as long as you keep loading airtime you can extend it.

The representative here has never confirmed how much the minimum is per month, nor have I seen it in their rollover T's & C's PDF.

Don't think it's listed on their website, either ?

Try with R10 and let us know if it works for another 30 days.

BCR

Expert Member
Was told by an agent at the Cell C call centre (about a week ago), the reason I'd lost R50 I reported further up the thread, was because of subscription services.

Didn't really believe it, but thought I'd check a short while ago - found I was subscribed to up to 9 bloody services on that SIM, none of which I'd actively done myself.

Thanks Cell C - you bloody crooks - as the sub. services relate to "Cell C Weird & Wacky Videos" !!

Word of warning to others with Cell C SIMs - check for subs. sending a USSD to :

*133*1#

If subscribed, you can unsub. to all of them, and going forward, can elect to prevent the SIM from subbing to new ones.

Christo4

I think as long as you keep loading airtime you can extend it.

The representative here has never confirmed how much the minimum is per month, nor have I seen it in their rollover T's & C's PDF.

Don't think it's listed on their website, either ?

Try with R10 and let us know if it works for another 30 days.
You are correct. As soon as I bought airtime the bundle rollover became available. 1 Tb is going for 4 mths now - 5 January 2022.

BCR

Expert Member
You are correct. As soon as I bought airtime the bundle rollover became available. 1 Tb is going for 4 mths now - 5 January 2022.
What's the lowest Rand amount (of airtime) you've loaded in a month to keep it going, out of interest ?

Christo4

What's the lowest Rand amount (of airtime) you've loaded in a month to keep it going, out of interest ?
I had R2 available on the sim and could not rollover data. I bought R100 and then the rollover became available. Every now and then I add R100 or more and then when ready will buy 1 Tb.
The cost to extend always R0. 00. Maybe because of the bigger amount.

BCR

Expert Member
I had R2 available on the sim and could not rollover data. I bought R100 and then the rollover became available. Every now and then I add R100 or more and then when ready will buy 1 Tb.
The cost to extend always R0. 00. Maybe because of the bigger amount.
Think you could do it for quite a bit less .... was really wondering if R10 or R20 would work.

Those WASP services are a worry to me, losing R100 a time if Cell C decide to enroll you back onto their subscription services (even if you've previously unsubscribed) - I just don't trust them.

Regardless, I'm due to be finished with Home Connecta by the 8th of this month, as have already moved back to MTN through Afrihost.

The most I'll have on Cell C will be a 5 + 5 GB as backup, but am likely to opt instead for Telkom 3 + 3 or 7.5 + 7.5 GB instead.

Christo4

Do not blame Cell C for your Wasp issues. Point that fingers at yourself.
Yes the more people leave Cell C the better the quality of my streaming.
Go Well and be careful.

BCR

Expert Member
Do not blame Cell C for your Wasp issues. Point that fingers at yourself.
Yes the more people leave Cell C the better the quality of my streaming.
Go Well and be careful.
Oh, okay, so I'll blame myself for something I wasn't even aware of.

This hadn't ever happened to me before, until this incident with Cell C, so I do blame them & hold them responsible.

I've had a prepaid Vodacom SIM for years (for calls, always with a positive balance of R50 or R60) , and they've not even sunk as low as this, from Cell C.

Otherwise, I appreciate your good wishes.

Christo4

New Sim 101.

The nr. allocated to that Sim has been used before. Especially Cell C.
Before use, cancel everything that can be cancelled via ussd. Google will give you all the info.

Randux

Expert Member
Speeds are no good even when roaming on Vodacom 4G. Maybe MTN is not throttling us Cell C is the problem.
Screenshot_2021-12-05-17-25-02-431_com.huawei.mw.jpg

Gudnews

Expert Member
The connection has been super stable since that terrible November 7 weekend when it went down. I think I've only rebooted the router once since then whereas before I was doing it three times a week on a good week.

Swa

Honorary Master
I just extended my bundle without any airtime. So I guess this was a way for them to what? Find a compromise whilst still offering value?
Me too, and this was one of the original 2 month bundles so can only guess Cell C doesn't have a way to differentiate between the two. So don't knwo where the loading airtime bit comes from.

Swa

Honorary Master
New Sim 101.

The nr. allocated to that Sim has been used before. Especially Cell C.
Before use, cancel everything that can be cancelled via ussd. Google will give you all the info.
Well that's just swell. They can recycle numbers but can't seem to cancel any services associated with it. Funny how that always happens when there's a financial incentive not to.

marvelguy

Me too, and this was one of the original 2 month bundles so can only guess Cell C doesn't have a way to differentiate between the two. So don't knwo where the loading airtime bit comes from.
How do you extend a bundle?

Jake45

Expert Member
How do you extend a bundle?
From the USSD Menu
*147# - Choose option 9 (My Account) followed by option 5 (Data Bundle Rollover). I think that rollover is only available 5 days before bundle expiry.

From the Cell C App
Under the Quick links menu choose Bundle Rollover.