Home mesh wifi

Speedster

Honorary Master
what is wifi 6 ?

do you also need a router that supports wifi 6 that will connect to this ?
WiFi 6 is the latest generation of WiFi. Not strictly necessary for home use, but nice to have if you can afford.

Also, this is the router...

|tera|

Master of Messengers

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
Have had a few of those Deco X20's at a client and they work pretty well, but noticed that most people don't really need anything above 100mbps on WiFi and wish to have wider range coverage.

We have a few new sites deployed with the much more affordable Reyee range. Been giving them a good beating to see how they perform but all solid so far. Did 3 for one house and managed to get 95Mbps at every point in the house, software is quite complex and is cloud managed but really has enterprise level software and reliability so far. Plus they are dirt cheap.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Have had a few of those Deco X20's at a client and they work pretty well, but noticed that most people don't really need anything above 100mbps on WiFi and wish to have wider range coverage.

We have a few new sites deployed with the much more affordable Reyee range. Been giving them a good beating to see how they perform but all solid so far. Did 3 for one house and managed to get 95Mbps at every point in the house, software is quite complex and is cloud managed but really has enterprise level software and reliability so far. Plus they are dirt cheap.
Link?

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
We have a bunch in stock. Scoop have a bunch, but you would need to be registered with them.

https://www.ruijienetworks.com/products/Reyee/ <- Bunch of different versions.

For cheap solid WiFi of around 70-90Mbps you are looking at the RG-EW1200 and for faster speeds on a mesh you would go for the RG-EW1800GX PRO which we have seen get around 400-500 Mbps and sometimes if you are close enough to the points 800Mbps. All depends on the actual network, house and all of the usuals.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
We have a bunch in stock. Scoop have a bunch, but you would need to be registered with them.

https://www.ruijienetworks.com/products/Reyee/ <- Bunch of different versions.

For cheap solid WiFi of around 70-90Mbps you are looking at the RG-EW1200 and for faster speeds on a mesh you would go for the RG-EW1800GX PRO which we have seen get around 400-500 Mbps and sometimes if you are close enough to the points 800Mbps. All depends on the actual network, house and all of the usuals.

prices ?

|tera|

Master of Messengers

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
Your Price Incl:
R1,295.00
Yeah our pricing is generally including installation and assistance in our area, as we can actually directly assist and set them up for clients. Rather have it configured one properly then trying to guide people through a complex cloud system via the phone.

If you can pick one up from scoop, can highly recommend them.

rog163

https://www.ruijienetworks.com/products/Reyee/

Does the EW1200 support mesh network?

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
Does the EW1200 support mesh network?
Generally the whole Reyee range supports meshing with each other, even the cheaper ones. You can use the larger EW1800GX Pro as a main router and mesh it with the smaller ones, or just use the smaller ones and mesh them together, can have access points as well that can mesh into the network, heck you can even throw the giant 250m range outdoor AP and mesh it. We are really enjoying these units, especially the cheaper ones.

Cocopops

Hey All,

I have the Netgear AC3000 (RBK53) system that im selling - see thread here:

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/netgear-orbi-rbk53-wi-fi-mesh-system.1156564/

It works FLAWLESSLY in a large double storey home.

1 Router and 2 satellites.

Since I am doing renovations, looking to upgrade at the same time - hence the sale.

It is the BEST AC system out there and definitely better than most Mesh systems in general aside from the Orbi RBK AX6000 system at a much higher cost.

No BS, it works fantastically well and looks pretty great in a home (No crazy antennas sticking out).

Each Satellite has 4 Ethernet ports as well so can hard wire items into (I have my TV, PS etc).

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
Pity, I would have hired you to do the cabling for mine. Not keen on crawling through the roof... :(
We do callouts to the whole of KZN depending on the build, if its a rather large build then we are happy to do so, I have crawled through too many places, under houses, roofs and even dived through a whole bloody orb spider nest.

Drop us a DM if you want us to take a look.

RiaX

Executive Member
I got this TP Link deco system and my one deco in my TV room keeps disconnecting. The router is fine and the main deco is fine and for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

The distance between the TV deco and main deco isnt that far. Think I should cable it ?

Mzezman

I got this TP Link deco system and my one deco in my TV room keeps disconnecting. The router is fine and the main deco is fine and for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

The distance between the TV deco and main deco isnt that far. Think I should cable it ?
Cable is always best if you can - i know it can look messy and doesn't always have the WAF