nic777
Expert Member
I have one employee who can not concentrate at work. He is hooked on facebook. How does one block it?
I have 3 PC's in my office connected to a ethernet hub. I use iburst as my SP. I would also like to block on his PC, any forums, IRC chat, skype, yahoo mes, MSN mes etc etc..... the list goes on.
Ok, now how is the iburst connected to the network?
Im going to assume there is a router (and maybe not a "hub"?) where all the PCs are connected to and where the iBurst is also connected to.
What you can do is go into the router and look for something called Filters or something similiar.
What you can do depends on your router. On our office router, we can grant and deny access on MAC address (so you can target a specific PC) and then you can also block via URL so anything that says facebook.com will be blocked. You can also go further and block the associated IPs.
Hope that helps. If he goes on his phone, then you know he is going obviously wasting his time and you can call on him on that.