How does your partner talk about his/her ex?

Dolby

Honorary Master
If you had to ask, do they tell you they were a nice person? friendly? good in bed *cough*? rich? hated? cruel?

Just interested if people have good or bad things to say about their ex.

Killove

Expert Member
mine left her ex for me...
she says he was controlling and insane.
he was also very rich (bought her a porsche for christmas 2 years ago)

and she left him for me!!

/me is the best

Moederloos

Honorary Master
I have never "gotten" why people talk bad about their exes.
Yes, there are cases when the exes were "bad" people (cheating, beating, lying and so on), but - in general - they are not. Things sometimes just do not work out.

I always have nice things to say about mine, for the most part.

Surv0

Executive Member
Ive talked a bit about my ex to my current gf but i dont think she really wanted to hear anything about her.. They dont like each other much :p i slept with my current gf while my ex and i were on a "break" or sorts... serious jealousy going on there.
But my gf now reckons that if i tell her about my ex's faults then somehow im trying to subconsciously plant those ideas in her head so she doesnt make the same mistake, in essence trying to control her in a way or something. Ya its a bit strange, but i dont really care, i dont really care about hearing about her ex's either.
I dont really feel too comfy talking about all the good times i had with my ex's with my current gf's..

superB

I used to think that having something good to say about your ex meant that you hold no hard feelings against them - thereby making you a less bitter person, and the kind of person that can still see the good in a bad situation (the majority of breakups are acrimonious). I've recently discovered that clearly I should just keep my mouth shut and not mention ex's at all, ever, under no circumstances. Ever.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
I've recently discovered that clearly I should just keep my mouth shut and not mention ex's at all, ever, under no circumstances. Ever.
lol :D:p

I'm on good termswith my ex's and I don't bad mouth them lol

eltherza

Expert Member
I have never "gotten" why people talk bad about their exes.
Yes, there are cases when the exes were "bad" people (cheating, beating, lying and so on), but - in general - they are not. Things sometimes just do not work out.

I always have nice things to say about mine, for the most part.
And sometimes it's more than that. You'd be amazed at what people put up with in relationships.

I dont talk much about my exs at all, to me they all suck compared to my current GF, so how can you say something positive about them when currently it's alot better?

dhez

mine left her ex for me...
she says he was controlling and insane.
he was also very rich (bought her a porsche for christmas 2 years ago)

and she left him for me!!

/me is the best

lol so does he still have the porsche lol?

Dolby

Honorary Master
So he bought himself the Porsche that she could use but he retained ownership? ;)

hierts

apparentley my gf's ex was, uhm, *cough* long.. think more than a ruler:eek:

I absolutely refuse to ever ever believe that:D

Jonny Two Shoes

Expert Member
I still talk to my ex on Mxit :/ but I seldom ever go on to Mxit so it's only now and then.

Most awkward thing was having my current GF and my ex in the same house at the same time, even drove them both around in my car once with my step sister to hire a DVD. My ex is my step sisters friend so there are still some ties :/

Last edited:

Dolby

Honorary Master
apparentley my gf's ex was, uhm, *cough* long.. think more than a ruler:eek:

I absolutely refuse to ever ever believe that:D
You get those 15cm rulers ...

Anyway WHY would she tell you? :/

blunomore

Honorary Master
My bf's ex, by his own admission, is not too intelligent and she is greedy and materialistic. A deadly combination!

She also tries to persuade his children not to see him - and especially not me! She told his kids she is just trying to protect them from me.

By her description, I sound pretty evil he he !

SO in our house she is not very popular.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
We really dont spend time dwelling on that part of our past - none of my wife's ex's are particularly interesting anyway.

Arzy

Honorary Master
I tease my wife on occasion about her ex because we braai at his house every now and then, I make sure she knows that I am joking though, most of the time though its just a case of saying "You could have had that" and she bursts out laughing.

My ex's are not really a topic of discussion, she doesn't care about them and I have had no contact with them since they became ex.