How much would you charge me for...

JJRM

Hi guys,

To all website designers/developers out there...

How much would you charge me for a joomla site...a couple of pages...basically standard company site with one or two additional requirements which will probably require some custom php coding. I'd like to fully manage the site myself thereafter. Please pm me if you're interested and we can discuss in more detail.

koeksGHT

Dealer
I am sure people will charge thousands for that, can you not do most of it yourself and then just get someone to do the custom php freelance so it would only be under 1k?

But if you are willing to spend lots go ahead, someone will be happy to do it for you :)

What needs to be done on the php side because I might be able to help with that?

JJRM

Thanks koeksGHT,

Yes that's the route I decided to go. Someone is already assisting me on the php side of things.

SuperNev

Thanks koeksGHT,

Yes that's the route I decided to go. Someone is already assisting me on the php side of things.

May I please ask, why Joomla specifically? Prior experience with it?
Over the past few months I've seen clients (I host sites for a decent lot of clients) with Joomla causing security issues on my VPS. Most relating to outdated templates or ones that were terribly coded from a security perspective.

I tried developing for Joomla for a while, but found WordPress to be better (and more popular). Been following WP for around 2-3 years now. Actually starting a WordPress web dev company with a friend some time this quarter. Makes it easier to quote reasonable prices for clients (R1 000 and up).

The amount of money that people charge for websites is sometimes overwhelmong, especially since most things can be done by anyone who's willing to try things out. So kudos for deciding to do things yourself. If you need help with any specific PHP stuff (not sure about the Joomla API) you may also holler at me too. ( neville (at) nevi.me ).

JJRM

Hi SuperNev, yeah I've worked with Joomla previously so it's more familiarity I guess. I did look into Wordpress a while back but somehow I prefer Joomla. My problem is time at the moment unfortunately. Thanks for the offer.