How much would you pay for..

DTBA

Expert Member
Did the Turbo Diesel thing twice hated the maintenance costs after 100000km they become ridiculous. Only problem is the fuel consumption on the petrol engines. The 2.0L chew petrol and the Hilux 2.7 used more than my current 4.0L

The other makes I have no idea about.
what maintenance cost?

Have a 2.5Dteq diesel Isuzu with over 350 000km on the clock and the only thing I do is the normal 15 000km ...Oil filter, diesel filter, air filter, check brakes, check shocks, check ball joint's flush water system...(R500 at most)

Been doing itself from 120 000km and the only thing that is wrong with the bakkie is the dents, it doesn't smoke.... start like dream on a cold morning :?

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
12.5 - 13L/100km.
We have about 4 D4D's at work too and they sit at about 11l/100km so I can accept the extra consumption. Mine went for its 100000km service the other day cost me R1900.00 one of the D4D's went for the same service R6500.00

If i drive it like a twit it climbs the worst I have ever had was 14L/100km while towing a Jet SKi up to Inhambane and back and the back was jammed full of clothes and food.

120km on the freeway the engine is ticking over at just under 2000RPM.
That is very interesting, I thought the diesel was much lower than petrol but that makes diesel seem so much less attractive.
Thanks for posting the info.

web

Executive Member
what maintenance cost?

Have a 2.5Dteq diesel Isuzu with over 350 000km on the clock and the only thing I do is the normal 15 000km ...Oil filter, diesel filter, air filter, check brakes, check shocks, check ball joint's flush water system...(R500 at most)

Been doing itself from 120 000km and the only thing that is wrong with the bakkie is the dents, it doesn't smoke.... start like dream on a cold morning :?
I am technically challenged when it comes to servicing vehicles so I would have to get someone to do it and that costs money... and even after servicing my Turbo Diesel it still went *puff* after 110000km with a blown turbo.

web

Executive Member
That is very interesting, I thought the diesel was much lower than petrol but that makes diesel seem so much less attractive.
Thanks for posting the info.
Small diesel engines are light one of the guys at work has a Amrock and he gets about 9L/100Km so it depends on the engines we mainly use Toyota that's the only reason I have an idea of what the D-4D uses.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Just remember that you are not insured if your car sits on a dealers floor. Ensure their policy covers your vehicle and get it in writing.