How to get Android Auto in SA

RedViking

Nord of the South
Oh nevermind. I just have to say send 'whatsapp' messages. I forgot there is still a thing like SMS.

Sumen

Expert Member
Ive installed AA but it doesn't pick up whatsapp. Any advice?
So this it what I found online, see if it works.

WhatsApp doesn't show up as an app ,to send a message you will have to say, "ok, Google", "message (name/phone number) on WhatsApps"

When you receive a message , a pop-up appears while the message is being read out.

RedViking

Nord of the South
So this it what I found online, see if it works.

WhatsApp doesn't show up as an app ,to send a message you will have to say, "ok, Google", "message (name/phone number) on WhatsApps"

When you receive a message , a pop-up appears while the message is being read out.
Thanks, but see my post above. I just didn't use it correctly.

seeshap

been issuing AA for some time now, a bit tricky to get going on the start with my ford ranger but otherwise no complaints. the waze app is very neat.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator

MandM

I am thinking about getting App-Connect activated on my VW Tiguan mk2. This is expensive to do at VW. Do do you guys think it is worth it? I have a Samsung S8+. I frequently use Waze and Google Maps.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I am thinking about getting App-Connect activated on my VW Tiguan mk2. This is expensive to do at VW. Do do you guys think it is worth it? I have a Samsung S8+. I frequently use Waze and Google Maps.
I'd have to say a hard no at this stage. It's frustratingly buggy at the moment.

Ecco

Executive Member
Without integration with your car - how beneficial is Android Auto? I lot of the voice stuff you can do anyway without android auto?

Sumen

Expert Member
Without integration with your car - how beneficial is Android Auto? I lot of the voice stuff you can do anyway without android auto?
It's nice to have it for navigation but right now it's so beneficial because Google hasn't allowed third-party navigation apps.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Just needs to be added here that Android Go smartphones (any of them) do not support Android Auto.