How to use Cloudflare Warp Plus on your PC

waylander

Expert Member
Hello,

I'm currently travelling and will be able to attend to the requests next week. In the mean time please send me a PM, I have received many so will be going in the order I received them.

-w

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Was about to attempt this on account of my garbage internet and how amazing Warp+ is on mobile. Not encouraging to see you folks having issues though.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
It took me all of 20 seconds and no issues.
Ah sweet, thanks for confirming. Busy downloading the setup files on my phone. Can't believe the performance difference compared to normal even on mobile. Reddit GIFs and vids load instantly now, YouTube is noticeably snappier, as is browsing etc. This thing is a revelation.

Kind of a shame Warp+ doesn't mask IP addresses or provide anything in way of conventional VPN features. That would really be the cherry on top.

bradza

Here is a easy guide to solve that issue.

Hi Cavedog, tried the path adding, still coming up with the same thing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled python a few times over too. I also ran the scripts that sand_man ran too just in case but no luck. Any other ideas? Thanks for any assistance.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Hi Cavedog, tried the path adding, still coming up with the same thing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled python a few times over too. I also ran the scripts that sand_man ran too just in case but no luck. Any other ideas? Thanks for any assistance.
You don't have to manually add the path anymore. The 64-bit Python installer should have a little checkbox on the first installation page to do it for you.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Don't forget that Requests is not built into Python.

Run the following after installing Python 3 on Windows 10:
Code:
pip3 install requests

bradza

Don't forget that Requests is not built into Python.

Run the following after installing Python 3 on Windows 10:
Code:
pip3 install requests
Thanks Bryn for the help. Hmm... seems still an issue. Yeah I checked the box to allow paths, also then added it just in case with the environments, I now tried the pip3 install requests after doing the pip install requests lastnight but still same return. After typeing python wgcf.py and comes back with "Error: 'wg' must be installed and added to path.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Nothing I do will get Play Store apps to install within VMOS. Root is enabled and I'm signed into Google. Everything looks like it's working, but apps all get stuck at "Waiting for download". Toggling Play Protect does nothing.

Warp isn't connected within the regular OS. Doing so prevents VMOS connecting to the internet at all.

Signed into to my Google account multiple times after clearing app data and eventually apps would install. Now I have the issue of being unable to find any trace of com.cloudflare.onedotonedotonedotone_preferences.xml.

Edit: I am on my third root explorer app now. Play Store is back to not installing anything, but at least Warp is installed. File browsers can be downloaded from apk mirror.

It might help if the exact apps you guys used were mentioned. So far this tutorial hasn't been able to move forward much at all.

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Okay I think I got everything sorted out finally. Had to go manually looking for the xml file, which I eventually found.

2x speed tests to London:

A hell of an improvement over the broken Afrihost atm, but I'm not sure why upload is so crap?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Okay I think I got everything sorted out finally. Had to go manually looking for the xml file, which I eventually found.

2x speed tests to London:

A hell of an improvement over the broken Afrihost atm, but I'm not sure why upload is so crap?
Yeah sorry I could not remember the exact .xml file location as I already removed vmos and as for the root explorer app I just searched on google play and used the first one I saw.

Warps Plus is not a requirement but rather a nice to have if you want premium Cloudflare bandwidth. Otherwise free will work fine.