How's Tinder these days?

You do know age filters are a thing, right?
Hey my dude, you're the one shooting stock "pc repair technician" photos and them adventure pics with random 58 year old brunette with maroon nails, bleach blonde hair and chardonnay glass in hand.

Seriously tho, no dick picks (I don't care how much optical zoom the microscope has), no cringe. Take a photo with an animal (and yes that includes your friend Greg, even if he is a dooooos in real life)

Go live a little, and take photos along the way.
 
Hey my dude, you're the one shooting stock "pc repair technician" photos and them adventure pics with random 58 year old brunette with maroon nails, bleach blonde hair and chardonnay glass in hand.
What? :ROFL:
Take a photo with an animal (and yes that includes your friend Greg, even if he is a dooooos in real life)
I actually have a photo of my dog on my profile LMAO
 
I want to keep it within 20 - 24 thx

How old are you? Early 20s I assume? Generally, that is around the time when women peak and it's a hard time for most guys. Most women generally are looking for older guys. Exceptions exist but it is not the norm.

It gets a lot easier as you age, now late 20s, I get more matches than used to be. It does not help that they are younger though and often we are in different phases of life.I still generally do not match with women my age or older. It gets easier for guys with age. Most guys peak in early-mid 30s.
 
How old are you? Early 20s I assume? Generally, that is around the time when women peak and it's a hard time for most guys. Most women generally are looking for older guys. Exceptions exist but it is not the norm.

It gets a lot easier as you age, now late 20s, I get more matches than used to be. It does not help that they are younger though and often we are in different phases of life.I still generally do not match with women my age or older. It gets easier for guys with age. Most guys peak in early-mid 30s.
AHA. So you're still wet behind the ears. Don't worry. Soon you'll join me in that other thread and be sharing all your awesome activities. Stay strong.
 
That all means nothing when you get a match and your first message is "hey how you doing?".

Go create a fake woman profile and try being a woman on one of these apps. It gets tedious and mundane very quickly...

Btw. Did you try creating woman profile lol? I know most guys have absolutely terrible game but for every ten messages, she gets, there surely has to be 1-2 decent okes. I'd hazard a guess that at least 20% of guys have decent game.

Women do generally have it far easier in the initial stages, but it balances out later as men usually have the final say on whether he will commit and it will be a long term thing. This is also why every second lady nowadays has a sad story about how some guy lied to them and broke their heart.
 
I want to keep it within 20 - 24 thx
Problem is - the younger they are,the older their target market often is. That bullshit stat about 80% of men 20-30 being single and 40% women (or something)? Not because they can do what they like - it's because they date older men rather
 
Problem is - the younger they are,the older their target market often is. That bullshit stat about 80% of men 20-30 being single and 40% women (or something)? Not because they can do what they like - it's because they date older men rather

For most of them, it gets harder after 30 and the options start to decrease while most men peak after 30 but it is changing nowadays.
 
As I said, for women, it's a quality problem and for men, it's a quality and quality problem. Because they can get matches so easily, they filter out the vast majority of guys and hence, the majority of guys get frustrated by the fact that they get so few matches per day.

For most guys, old-school approaches will probably work better than apps since she will not only be judging you by your profile presentation but also by character. Not all of us are photogenic as well.
Been through the phase you're in, did all the reading, none of that schit works. You just play the numbers game and hope to get lucky.

Some woman out there will be desperate enough to screw you if you ping enough of them. Managed to hook up with quite a few by just registering on everything and pinging as many as possible.

In the Dating Buzz days you could only send predefined messages without having to pay. So I wrote a bot to screen scrape, set the search criteria and spam them. When there was legit replies I would register to see how it went.

Some might have luck with meeting someone for something serious on these online platforms, I didn't. Happened to meet my ball and chain on good old fashioned FB through a mutual friend...
 
Btw. Did you try creating woman profile lol? I know most guys have absolutely terrible game but for every ten messages, she gets, there surely has to be 1-2 decent okes. I'd hazard a guess that at least 20% of guys have decent game.
Yes. Once you see what every other schlep is doing wrong, you know what not to do when you do finally get someone who's willing to reply to you...
 
Last edited:
Has anyone ever stopped to figure out what game really is. Cause God damn Kudu biltong is great, and sharing kudu biltong with a bokkie even better.

I keep hearing "game" thrown around like it's an artifact they dug out of the pyramids, was smuggled to Europe and secretly used to end the second world war.

Is it the ability to speak to a woman? Cause then most men are well and truly fu***ed, have you seen women talk, it's non-stop.
 
Has anyone ever stopped to figure out what game really is. Cause God damn Kudu biltong is great, and sharing kudu biltong with a bokkie even better.

I keep hearing "game" thrown around like it's an artifact they dug out of the pyramids, was smuggled to Europe and secretly used to end the second world war.

Is it the ability to speak to a woman? Cause then most men are well and truly fu***ed, have you seen women talk, it's non-stop.

"game" refers to the ability to get a chick to drop her panties for you. Sadly most guys lack this ability
 
Been through the phase you're in, did all the reading, none of that schit works. You just play the numbers game and hope to get lucky.

Some woman out there will be desperate enough to screw you if you ping enough of them. Managed to hook up with quite a few by just registering on everything and pinging as many as possible.

In the Dating Buzz days you could only send predefined messages without having to pay. So I wrote a bot to screen scrape, set the search criteria and spam them. When there was legit replies I would register to see how it went.

Some might have luck with meeting someone for something serious on these online platforms, I didn't. Happened to meet my ball and chain on good old fashioned FB through a mutual friend...

It has changed nowadays. Most apps have did away with the pings and they only become possible once you match now. In the case of Bumble, men do not even have an option to message.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X