How's Tinder these days?

Tinder girls: "I don't like superficial guys".
Also Tinder girls: filters in every photo.
 
Mostly been striking out tbh... The **** up is I have to use "passport", to actually "effectively" use Tinder... (I.e. Tinder Gold for the low, low price of either R425/R800+ per month) Boosts aren't as effective...
Since I don't live in a metro, usually I pick CPT (closest). Without "passport", I'd get like three SA profiles over 800 miles away and afterwards, just overseas accounts...

Hinge is a dead meme.
Koer, even more so.
Boo is actually decent, but still nothing there...
Now I got OKCupid but not holding my breath...

Atm, I just have Tinder, OKCupid, and Boo on my phone...

Me rn:
giphy.gif


P.S. You okes, know of any other reputable apps, an oke could use?
 
Mostly been striking out tbh... The **** up is I have to use "passport", to actually "effectively" use Tinder... (I.e. Tinder Gold for the low, low price of either R425/R800+ per month) Boosts aren't as effective...
Since I don't live in a metro, usually I pick CPT (closest). Without "passport", I'd get like three SA profiles over 800 miles away and afterwards, just overseas accounts...

If you have money, invest in paid photos. Pics should be taken with at least an iphone if not DSLR. Use different suits and take the pics at different locations (to show you have a life). It will be a better investment than paying for the apps in the long-run.

Remember, women are getting dozens of matches on the apps, so much so that some apps do not even charge them anymore and instead have subscription only for men. They have it on easy mode, men have it on hard mode and studies confirmed that on apps 20% of men get about 80% of likes. In a way, the apps have messed up the psychology of many men as well because due to the rise of apps, it is very easy for a woman who would be considered average looking to meet a guy who is at least an 8/10. But it isin't looks that matter but more the presentation of your images and profile.

As a man, you have to try and standout or the apps are going to be very frustrating. As the saying goes, "women have a quality problem and men have a quantity problem".

You are a young guy so I suggest you follow Benjamin Seda's profile and get tips from him.
 
Last edited:
If you have money, invest in paid photos. Pics should be taken with at least an iphone if not DSLR. Use different suits and take the pics at different locations (to show you have a life). It will be a better investment than paying for the apps in the long-run.

Remember, women are getting dozens of matches on the apps, so much so that some apps do not even charge them anymore and instead have subscription only for men. They have it on easy mode, men have it on hard mode and studies confirmed that on apps 20% of men get about 80% of likes. In a way, the apps have messed up the psychology of many men as well because due to the rise of apps, it is very easy for a woman who would be considered average looking to meet a guy who is at least an 8/10. But it isin't looks that matter but more the presentation of your images and profile.

As a man, you have to try and standout or the apps are going to be very frustrating. As the saying goes, "women have a quality problem and men have a quantity problem".

You are a young guy so I suggest you follow Benjamin Seda's profile and get tips from him.

I didn't do any of that I went through my photos and grabbed like 5 where I looked decent.

One of them was just after I finished a marathon where I was buggered, had blisters all over my feet and gross sweat all over.

I just wanted to show a bunch of interests like, family, active, rugby supporter, one with a beer to show I'm not a prude. Was hoping to attract someone who was kinda like me then I used filters to filter out smokers, non active, religious etc and swiped.

Married to my bumble match for one year on Saturday.
 
I just wanted to show a bunch of interests like, family, active, rugby supporter, one with a beer to show I'm not a prude. Was hoping to attract someone who was kinda like me then I used filters to filter out smokers, non active, religious etc and swiped.
So you think it'd be a good idea to say take a selfie with my PC headset on with my keyboard/controller and maybe post a photo with my mum or...?
 
If you have money, invest in paid photos. Pics should be taken with at least an iphone if not DSLR. Use different suits and take the pics at different locations (to show you have a life). It will be a better investment than paying for the apps in the long-run.
Sounds a bit more extreme and costly than the sub tbh.

I have like 3 photos of myself (the best ones anyway), and a pic of my dog as filler.
 
Sounds a bit more extreme and costly than the sub tbh.
Not really. If you have great pics, you will get more matches on free mode than paying and having bad pics.

Plus, you only have to update really every two years as that is when we start to show signs of difference physically.

Have 1-2 pics with mates to show you have a life and have friends, one or two selfies. Only do a shirtless pic if you are confident in your body. Action pics also work well so if you do surfing, hiking, play soccer, rugby etc, try and have one of you in action.

Location also plays a big role tbh. When my location is SA, I get maybe 1-2 a day. In some countries, it's a struggle and maybe a few a week if even that.

So you think it'd be a good idea to say take a selfie with my PC headset on with my keyboard/controller and maybe post a photo with my mum or...?

A photo with your Mum can work but just leave it at one. As a rule, do not include any pics taken of yourself by yourself on your dating profiles. If you want to use selfies, they should be taken by someone else.

Sadly apps are very superficial and most women have a sixth sense and they will know when selfies are taken by yourself and some may get the impression you do not have friends. Plus, selfies taken by friends are almost always better.
 
Have 1-2 pics with mates to show you have a life and have friends, one or two selfies.
I do have a life, just no friends LMAO
Location also plays a big role tbh. When I change my location to SA, I get maybe 1-2 a day. In some countries, it's a struggle and maybe a few a week if even that.
Exactly what I mentioned in my OP.

I live in rural WC, and my only option is to go to CPT or other metros if there are no options in CT... And of course, to do that, I need Tinder Gold...
A photo with your Mum can work but just leave it at one.
I figured as much LMAO
As a rule, do not include any pics taken of yourself by yourself on your dating profiles. If you want to use selfies, they should be taken by yourself.

Sadly apps are very superficial and most women have a sixth sense and they will know when selfies are taken by yourself and some may get the impression you do not have friends.
Contradiction?
 
Contradiction?

Typo. I meant taken by someone else. All photos should be taken by someone else.

I do have a life, just no friends LMAO

A lot of people have no friends but it is not something you want to make known when you have maybe 3-5 seconds to make an impression. If you analyze the most successful male profiles, they almost never have selfies.

There are guys who are drowning in matches like 15-20 a day but I'd say it's only the top 5% of guys. 15% do okay, maybe 1-5 a day and it's a major frustration for 80%.

An attractive model-quality woman probably gets more likes in three days than most men get in a year so this is why it is very important to try and standout as a man, lol. Apps have sadly made people more superficial than was the case when they were not around.
 
If you have money, invest in paid photos. Pics should be taken with at least an iphone if not DSLR. Use different suits and take the pics at different locations (to show you have a life). It will be a better investment than paying for the apps in the long-run.

Remember, women are getting dozens of matches on the apps, so much so that some apps do not even charge them anymore and instead have subscription only for men. They have it on easy mode, men have it on hard mode and studies confirmed that on apps 20% of men get about 80% of likes. In a way, the apps have messed up the psychology of many men as well because due to the rise of apps, it is very easy for a woman who would be considered average looking to meet a guy who is at least an 8/10. But it isin't looks that matter but more the presentation of your images and profile.

As a man, you have to try and standout or the apps are going to be very frustrating. As the saying goes, "women have a quality problem and men have a quantity problem".

You are a young guy so I suggest you follow Benjamin Seda's profile and get tips from him.
That all means nothing when you get a match and your first message is "hey how you doing?".

Go create a fake woman profile and try being a woman on one of these apps. It gets tedious and mundane very quickly...
 
Mostly been striking out tbh... The **** up is I have to use "passport", to actually "effectively" use Tinder... (I.e. Tinder Gold for the low, low price of either R425/R800+ per month) Boosts aren't as effective...
Since I don't live in a metro, usually I pick CPT (closest). Without "passport", I'd get like three SA profiles over 800 miles away and afterwards, just overseas accounts...

Hinge is a dead meme.
Koer, even more so.
Boo is actually decent, but still nothing there...
Now I got OKCupid but not holding my breath...

Atm, I just have Tinder, OKCupid, and Boo on my phone...

Me rn:
giphy.gif


P.S. You okes, know of any other reputable apps, an oke could use?
Have you tried going outside?

The resolution is great, it's got smello-vision and people go to places to get drunk and stare at others with rhythmic epilepsy.

Seriously my guy, while you're hunched over you phone, getting friendzoned by 17 of the 14 chats you have open, your future ex-wife and her opinionated friends just walked past and sat down at table 8.
 
That all means nothing when you get a match and your first message is "hey how you doing?".

Go create a fake woman profile and try being a woman on one of these apps. It gets tedious and mundane very quickly...

If Tindr is anything like Grindr "Wanna ****?" should work better
 
That all means nothing when you get a match and your first message is "hey how you doing?".

Go create a fake woman profile and try being a woman on one of these apps. It gets tedious and mundane very quickly...

As I said, for women, it's a quality problem and for men, it's a quality and quality problem. Because they can get matches so easily, they filter out the vast majority of guys and hence, the majority of guys get frustrated by the fact that they get so few matches per day.

For most guys, old-school approaches will probably work better than apps since she will not only be judging you by your profile presentation but also by character. Not all of us are photogenic as well.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X